Chapter 19. The Killer Wife.

Y/N P.O.V

As expected, after Exia's death we were called by Andersen to give a report for our last mission. Rapi accompanied me. After all, it's time to tell him the truth. Specially after Nobel's visit. She gave us the code Exia got from the Central Government before her death.

"Vapaus brings an end to a Nikke's immortality." She said.

Turns out, Exia's not dead. Well, she was. Exia got a new body. Since she incinerated her brain, her memories of hacking the Central Government along with any piece of information about Vapaus was erased. However, with a bit of questioning she managed to provide a detailed background on what the hell is Vapaus.

We walked towards his office. On our way there we crossed paths with three Nikkes. The same ones that killed Exia. I got access to their files and rode them. They're just Nikkes doing their job. Not the ones to blame. However, they better not get any funny ideas with me. I'm not in the mood for bullshit. Their leader, the blue haired one turned around and spoke to us.

Privaty:"Stop."

Rapi:"What is it?"

Privaty:"Please explain why you went up the surface without permission?"

Rapi:"Have you not heard about the Commando unit?"

Privaty:"I have. However..."

Rapi:"We have a certain degree of autonomy. In other words, Triangle has no right to question our actions."

Privaty:"You may be a Commando unit but Triangle is not any ordinary unit either. We are part of the Central Government. Therefore, we have the right-"

Y/N:"Tell me, Nikke. Which one has more value to the CGI? A Commander who managed to get in contact with the Pilgrims and managed to encounter an unkown threat twice and survived to tell the tale, or a walking piece of crap like you?"

Privaty:"..."

Y/N:"Next time you dare to question me or any member of my squad I'll make sure your ass gets dismantled. Are we clear?"

Privaty:"Crystal, sir..."

Y/N:"Move on."

I managed to catch her looking at me with disgust, yet she left for her own sake along with the other two Nikkes who didn't say anything. Rapi smiled and nodded.

Rapi:"Didn't know you had it in you. Specially when talking about Nikkes."

Y/N:"I can play nice, but I can play rough too. Now let's go, the sooner we talk with Andersen the earlier we get to rest."

Rapi:"Of course."

We kept walking towards Andersen's office without anyone interrupting us. I knocked on the door and I heard Andersen giving us the permission to enter. 

Andersen:"Have you had any involvements with the Protocol Squad? I heard that a Nikke from the Protocol Squad tried to hack the Central Government database."

Y/N:"No, but I heard the rumors too. Exia did it."

Andersen:"Ah, right. That was her name. So you heard the news aswell?"

Y/N:"Yeah. She's dead."

Andersen:"That's right. Hacking the Central Government is a serious offense. She was executed on the spot. However, it seems she incinerated her brain before getting killed. Worst case scenario, this might have something to do with Heavenly Ascension."

Rapi:"..."

Andersen:"We're doing all we can to investigate but... what's wrong?"

Y/N:"I have info that's important for both Exia's case... and mankind's future. Ingrid should hear this too."