Paint

Walking back out of the office, I look around at all the things I hadn't noticed on my way in. Everything feels so big, but I don't get much time to take it all in because the Head Mistress is moving so fast. It wasn't just her office that felt huge.

"Ashlynn, I know this is all scary, but just know that here, you get to choose," she says, and I look at her, confused. Choose? Choose what?

Seeing the confusion written on my face, she continues, "As a Little, you get to choose who your Big is."

"Big?" I ask, trying to understand what she means.

"Yes, Little One. Your Big, or Dom. You'll start classes tomorrow. Your first two classes of the day are mixed—meaning you'll be with other un-matched Littles and un-matched Doms. During those classes, you'll be paired with an un-matched Dom, but remember, you don't have to stay with them. If anything feels off or you don't feel comfortable, you can tell your teacher, and he'll separate the two of you. Okay?"

I nod, still feeling unsure of it all, but I appreciate her explaining. Everything is moving so fast.

"Anyway, let's walk through your schedule so you know where to find your classes," Head Mistress Edington continues. "Your name tag has a QR code that will tell any teacher your schedule, so if you forget or get lost, you can always ask a teacher."

I nod again, feeling overwhelmed by all the information. She shows me two classes, and just when I start to relax a little, her phone chimes. She lets go of my hand to fish it out of her pocket. As she answers, her whole demeanor changes—her voice turns sharp, almost growling. I flinch as she barks something about escorting someone to her office, saying she'll be there shortly.

When she finally hangs up and turns back to me, her expression softens. "I'm sorry, Little One. I didn't mean to frighten you. You're okay; there's no need for tears."

Tears? I hadn't even realized I was crying. But I can feel the trembling—yes, I knew I was trembling. She's so scary when she's like that. When she reaches out to take my hand again, I jerk back without meaning to.

She sighs and lowers her hand, her shoulders drooping a little. Just then, a person comes rushing up to us, breaking the tension.

"Head Mistress, Mrs. Conner sent me. She said you were showing a new Little around. She asked me to finish up for you so you can get back to your office," the boy says. He's tall—much taller than me—and I instinctively take a step closer to Head Mistress Edington. Even though she's scary, at least I know her more than this new person.

The Head Mistress nods at the boy before turning to me. "Okay, Little One, this is Timothy. He will show you to your next few classrooms before taking you to your dorm."

She turns back to Timothy, handing him a clip with a tag attached to it. "Her schedule is already uploaded. She just needs to see her afternoon classroom locations, then take her to her dorm. You know the rules—no Doms in Little dorms unless invited in. If she slips, her Dorm Dom is two doors down from her. She knows everything she needs and will take care of her from there."

Timothy gives her a cheeky salute, and with one last glance at me, the Head Mistress rushes back down the way we came, leaving me alone with this new person.

I'm startled when I hear a voice right next to my ear. "Aren't you a cute Little. Come on, cutie, let's finish up your tour. I'm sure you're ready to get to your dorm and relax."

Before I can confirm or deny his statement, Timothy stands up and takes my hand, pulling me along. I can't say much as I'm far too busy trying to keep up with him. Do they all walk this fast? After what feels like a sprint, we come to a stop in front of a door. He opens it to reveal a classroom that finally has normal-sized furniture.