Chapter 4: Arrival in the Vergesso Asteroids

As the Jedi ship sliced through space toward the mysterious Vergesso asteroids, Sedou, Meywine, and Coleman stood in the briefing room, ready to listen to Sedou's carefully crafted plan to capture the renegade Jedi, Nit Braum. With the asteroids looming on the horizon, excitement and tension mounted aboard as the trio prepared to face the unknown and put an end to their target's machinations.

Sedou stood up and presented his plan with a calm and determined tone: "According to the information transmitted by Master Haris, the transaction between Braum and the space poachers will take place in the old Corusca Gem mine, an artificially terraformed mine with gravity and breathable atmosphere." He activated a hologram projecting a detailed representation of the asteroids. "Take a close look. We will arrive from here, from the back of the asteroid. Here are the two elevators leading to the mine, marked in red and blue. Meywine, you will descend through this wider elevator."

He pointed to the first elevator on the hologram. "Once down, you will destroy the elevator to prevent a mass escape of any adversaries who may be in the mine. Coleman, your position will be here, near this other elevator, the smaller one. You will stay hidden and attack him by suprise" He pointed to the second elevator on the hologram. "This is where Braum is expected to appear. You will be ready to intercept him as soon as he emerges.

Meanwhile, I will take care of the enemy ships parked at these locations." He indicated the locations of the ships at the front of the asteroids on the hologram. "I will sabotage them by placing these jamming spheres on their systems, preventing them from taking off. Once they are disabled, we will alert the nearby Rangers to come and collect the remains."

Coleman, with a disapproving tone: "Wait a minute, Sedou. This plan makes no sense. Sending Mey alone into the mine? I bet she'll end up beating everyone and capturing Braum herself. And we'll end up looking like clowns."

Sedou responded calmly: "I understand your surprise, Coleman. But you know as well as I do that Meywine is the most powerful Jedi in the Order, her reputation precedes her. Just seeing her will make Braum want to escape. He won't hesitate to throw his henchmen into a lost battle to ensure he can flee through the small elevator."

Coleman, frustrated by the remark that Meywine is the strongest Jedi in the Order, tapped his hands on the console: "Mey has a bounty of a million credits, dead or alive. It might give courage to the poachers and the syndicate to face her."

Sedou replied calmly: "Poachers are cowards, that's why they prey on animals. They will never dare to defy a Jedi, especially not the Brightstar heiress. They would prefer to surrender so we can deliver them to the Rangers. As for the syndicate, most of the members will be in the ship, waiting for the negotiations between the leaders to finish. Braum will only be surrounded by a few henchmen."

Coleman: "How do you know all this?"

Sedou: "Master Haris's informant infiltrated the Tenloss syndicate. He warned him about the transaction, the arrangements, and the location. Apparently, the Master trusts him, and that's enough for me."

Coleman, agreeing with this argument and laying his cards on the table: "Regardless of the plan, as long as you guarantee me that I will capture Braum."

Meywine, teasing Coleman: "I promise to leave you your prize. But be careful, if you're not up to it against him, I might just steal it from you."

Coleman: "Me, not up to it against that traitor? I'll show him my saber technique. By the end of the day, the guy will have one or two tentacles less on his head."

Meywine, turning to Sedou: "Sedou, if I have to destroy the elevator with explosives, won't it risk causing a collapse in the mine?"

Sedou: "Don't worry, according to the calculations of the onboard computer, the mine is solid, it will withstand an explosion of that magnitude. In fact, a big boom would be useful to flush out the poachers and mercenaries from their ships. It would allow me to approach and place the jamming spheres."