TWO

—MAYBEtwo — october, 1992

MAYBE
two — october, 1992

THE BOY

"Listen, you're never going to get out there if you don't socialize!" Elena had been talking for nearly twenty minutes now.

It was making me lose my mind,

"Listen, E— I don't want to get out there! I feel safe in my home with my stories and my books. I don't need love, or fun, or thrill!" I exclaimed,

My feet dangled off my bed, they hung off and my pajama bottoms rolled up now and then making me kick my feet, I was reading a novel whilst Elena touched up her makeup for a night out.

"If you aren't thinking about that boy, how come you still haven't washed the cursive off your hand?"

What!

Pfft.

"How does this relate to the conversation?" I asked, finally sitting up, I tried getting my hair away from my face but it kept falling back into its place the more I tried to get it out of my face.

Elena let out a quiet laugh, standing up slowly to twirl in her dress to make sure she looked all right.

"No love? No thrill? No fun? Yet the writing of the boy remains on your hand darling." Elena pointed at my wrist, making me flush in embarrassment.

"Okay you know what—" I stood up walking towards the bathroom, I turned on the water and lightly scrubbed the writing off with a cloth.

I watched the ink flush away, making me want to wash away.

"It's gone!"

"Okay. Well, now I'm concerned for your well-being darling." Elena murmured, tying sections of her hair into small ponytails.

"Okay, Elena you know what!"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Look, I have a nice top and a skirt for you, you need to leave this house, it can be good for you, come on n/n!"

I groaned in frustration, seriously?

I nibbled on my lower lip, thinking to myself, can't hurt right?

"Fine."

"Eekkk!! Okay okay, let's get you ready!"