Part Three

Ash woke up the next morning warm and rested. He opened his eyes, looked at the unfamiliar ceiling, and shot up in the bed. He looked around, and the night before came back to him. He sighed and looked down at Pikachu, who was still sleeping beside him on the bed.

He climbed out of bed and went to the door. Slowly opening the door, he peeked out into the hall. He went to the stairs and looked over the railing to see someone lying before the fire.

Ash slowly crept down the stairs and made his way to stand beside the couch. "H-h-hello?" he called softly, but the person didn't move. He shuffled forward a little, and the person frowned and rolled over.

Ash stumbled backward and gasped at the familiar face lying before him. There in front of him lay the beautiful James from the team rocket. His arms were wrapped around him, and he was shivering.

James sneezed in his sleep, and Ash frowned, 'He must have gotten lost in the storm, too,' Ash thought to himself.

He moved forward slowly and hesitantly, not wanting to scare him if he woke. Ash knelt before him and gently placed his hand on his forehead.

His skin was slightly cold, and Ash frowned deeper. He picked up James, who groaned and brought him up the stairs. He brought James into the first room by the stairs and placed him on the bed; he maneuvered the other under the warm blanket and pulled it up to his chin.

James turned away, and Ash gave him one last look before leaving the room and heading downstairs. He made his way to the kitchen and looked through the cupboards.

He pulled out a pot and opened the can of soup. He poured it into the pot and waited a while for it to warm up before placing it into three bowls and taking it up the stairs. First, he brought the first one to Pikachu.

Once he made sure the Pokemon was eating and OK, he went to the other bedroom. He opened the door and paused, seeing piercing green eyes looking back at him.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 354

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 10 am

When are you reading this?