Part Four

James was warm. He pulled the blanket close around him and snuggled deeper into the bed. 'Wait, bed? Didn't I fall asleep before a fire?' he asked himself.

He sat up and looked around the room. 'Did the house owner come back? Did they bring me into the bedroom?' he thought.

James pulled the blanket around his shoulders, trying to get warmer. He heard footsteps outside his door and froze. He heard another door open and closed before he didn't hear anything. He waited a few minutes before hearing a door open and close again before footsteps.

They stopped in front of his door. He held his breath as the lock twisted, and the door swung open to reveal the one Pokemon trainer he had been infatuated with since the first time he saw him.

Ash paused and looked at him wide-eyed before slowly stepping into the room with a tray in his hand. He stopped a few feet from James and held the tray with two bowls.

"I-I made soup; I figured it could warm you up after you woke," Ash said, and James looked at him silently.

He saw the look in Ash's eyes change, and Ash started to lower the tray, but James reached out quickly and took a bowl of soup.

"Thank you," James said as he sipped the soup. He moaned at the heavenly taste in his mouth and looked up to see Ash blushing.

"Aren't you going to eat yours?" James asked, and Ash nodded before sitting in a little wooden chair in the room and placing the tray on his lap. They ate in silence, and now and then, James would look at Ash before looking away again.

When they finished eating, Ash stood here, took James' bowl, and placed it on the tray. "You can get some more rest if you need it. I'll go back downstairs. My room is the last one down the hall, so if you need me," Ash said before hurrying out.

James sighed and leaned back on the headboard; sliding down the bed, he relaxed again before dozing off to sleep.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 344

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 11 am

When are you reading this?