Part Six

The next time James woke up, he was feeling much better. He climbed out of the bed and exited the door. He made his way down the stairs and to the living room. He paused when he saw Ash lying on the couch, a book covering his face as he snored.

James looked around and saw the yellow Pokemon he had been trying to capture sleeping in front of the fire. He decided to explore the house, as he hadn't had a chance to the night before.

He went to the kitchen when his stomach rumbled; he went over to one of the cupboards and opened it. Smiling when he found food in the cupboard, he pulled out the bread and peanut butter and made himself a sandwich. He sat on a stool by the counter and ate his sandwich.

He heard footsteps behind him, turned around, and saw Pikachu entering the kitchen. The Pokemon looked up at him and paused to look at him. "Pika?" The Pokemon said, but James didn't understand.

He looked down at his peanut butter sandwich, picked up his knife to butter the bread, and cut the sandwich in half.

He handed the unbeaten piece to the Pokemon, who looked at the sandwich hesitantly before looking back at him. Pikachu took the sandwich and bit it while James turned back to his.

Pikachu climbed up on the stool beside James and looked at him. James glanced at him before sighing and turning to the Pokemon.

"What is it?" James asked, getting uncomfortable under the intense state.

"Pika pi." The Pokemon said, and James frowned.

"I don't understand you," He said, shaking his head.

James stood from his stool and went back to the cupboard. He pulled out the bread and peanut butter and made another sandwich. He picked up the plate and brought it out into the living room. He placed the sandwich on the coffee table and shook Ash awake.

The other opened his eyes and looked sleepily up at him. Half-lidded brown eyes stared at him as Ash yawned and stretched on the couch.

"I made you a sandwich," James said.

Ash sat on the couch and accepted the sandwich; James moved to the fire and took a piece of wood from the side before placing it on the fireplace.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 374

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 1 pm

When are you reading this?