Part Eleven

It had been a day since they confessed their feelings, and the storm outside was finally dying down. James and Ash were cuddling on the couch, with Pikachu settled on Ash's lap, making weird noises as Ash petted him. James was reading a book with Ash's head on his shoulders.

"The storm should be over soon, and we should be able to leave in a day or two. I think," Ash said, and James frowned, looking out the window.

The storm was lessening now, and you could see the faint outline of the trees outside the forest. Ash frowned deeper at the thought of leaving the cottage. He wanted to see his friends again, but what about him and James?

Ash sighed, and James looked up at him in question. Ash shook his head and went back to petting Pikachu with a sad look on his face.

James examined him before sitting up straight and turning to face Ash properly. He took the other face in his hands, making him look at James.

"Come on, love. Tell me what's wrong?" James pleaded, trying his best to give Ash puppy eyes.

"When the storm ends, we have to leave," Ash whispered, and James frowned, not getting it. Ash saw this and sighed. "We will have to go back to fighting each other, hating each other." Ash continued, and James's mouth made an O shape.

"Who said we had to go back to being that way?" James asked, and Ash looked at him, confused.

"But we are on different sides, James." Ash sighed, looking down at the Pokemon on his lap.

"What if we weren't? What if we stayed together?" James asked, looking into his eyes.

"I'm not going to Team Rocket, James," Ash said, shaking his head. "I won't steal Pokemon," he said, and James chuckled.

"You don't have to. I could quit Team Rocket and go with you until you finish training and become a master," James suggested, and Ash looked at him, shocked.

"You would do that? What about Jessie?" He asked, and James gave him a sad smile.

"We were friends, but as soon as she finds out I am gay. She will demand another teammate." James told him, and Ash frowned.

"So, we are going to go out there together as boyfriends?" he asked, and James nodded.

"As boyfriends," The periwinkle hair boy agreed.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 382

Re-published: April 24, 2024, 6 pm

When are you reading this?