Rukia is found out

Rukia felt nerve-wracked as she fiddled with her Shihakusho. The black fabric never seemed to sit straight when she wanted it to. She could feel the amusement of Real Rukia in the back of her mind. Yuki snickered softly along with her. 

‘Oh hush you two, you never help me when it comes to this stuff. These are your previous classmates, Ru-Ru, why can’t you help me with them?’ She grumbled in her head as she finally got her sash tied properly.

‘They’re your friends too Kia, you are the one who insisted on keeping the friendships with them going, why are you so nervous?’ The two had taken to referring to each other as nicknames simply because calling each other Rukia got confusing after a while.

‘Because… Actually, I have no idea…’ She knew it was because Renji was going to be there. On top of Shuuhei and Izuru, that was too many pretty boy faces for her to be comfortable. Plus, Momo is the cutest and she could barely contain her excitement to catch up with the slightly taller girl.

‘She is right, Kia, you shouldn’t be so nervous around people you deem safe.’ Yuki popped into the conversation, offering her a small tidbit.

‘You’re right, Yuki, these are my friends… Even if it’s been almost 10 years since I’ve talked to any of them…’ She took in a deep breath and glanced at her white sword with a small smile. She knew she couldn’t take it with her and though it saddened her, she nodded with a bit more confidence. “Meeting with friends shouldn’t make me so nervous anyway, I’m a Kuchiki after all, we literally breathe grace and confidence.” She snickered softly and padded from her room silently and left to go meet up with Momo a bit early as planned by the two previously.

~~~

Rukia flash-stepped in next to the other girl and Momo turned to give her a small smile. “Kuchiki-san.” 

“C’mon Momo,” Rukia smirked at the girl, bumping shoulders with her. “How many times do I have to tell ya, it’s just Rukia!”

Momo blushed. “I couldn’t!” She yelped out, waving her hands at her and shaking her head. “You’re a Kuchiki!”

Rukia sighed in exasperation. “We’re also friends, Momo, it’s not fair if I’m allowed to call you by your name and you can’t call me by mine…” She pointed out that Momo has, in fact, given her permission to call her by her first name and still refuses to use hers.

Momo bit into her bottom lip worryingly and looked over Rukia’s shoulder and her eyes melted in relief. “Izuru!”

Rukia groaned softly and shook her head. “Really now, Momo, even him?” She is exasperated that the girl will call others by their first name but not her… Just because she’s a Kuchiki. She turned around and gave a gentle smile to the… much taller blonde. Wow, why is everyone but Yachiru and Toshiro taller than her? Yachiru has an excuse due to her age. Stuck to be short in her last life and this life…. Except she’s even shorter in this life, only standing at 4 feet and 8 ½ inches.

For a split second, Rukia could have sworn she saw a flash of panic on the blond’s face, eyes darting to the side but after taking a long breath, his face melted into warmth… Mostly at Rukia. His eyes changed to something else when he looked at Momo. “Sorry for being late, you two. Captain Ichimaru needed me to look over something before I left.” As evident by the big, black streak of ink on the side of his face.

“It’s fine.” Rukia responded, “You can’t ignore your captain after all!” She almost chirped before schooling her expression. She needed to act like a Kuchiki out in public, she hated that. She’d give anything to be out drinking with Kaien at that moment… But he’s currently grounded after the last incident. She couldn’t stop the snicker. He’s whipped. Well, at least her cute godson gets to spend more time with his papa! “Lead the way, Kira-san!” She blurted out when she realized she had been silent for too long. A nervous smile spread across her face as Momo gave her a funny look.