Chapter 57: Control

Wei Ying immediately snaps his fingers, and everything stops.

He looks around and wonders why Li XiWang is here at all, especially when he had specifically asked her to entertain the Prince away from here, and so, because Li XiWang is an angel and would never, ever go against anything he had told her, she must have had a good reason to bring him here.

His second thought revolves around Bai Hua.

Li XiWang was clearly channelling the Healer of the Heavens because her eyes had gone that sparkly white whenever that happened, and so she must have a better idea of how to treat the Emperor than Healer Fei.

Then, the best thing to do was to let her carry on without disturbance, therefore both Tang Pei and Healer Fei should be removed.

"Hui Gai!" He shouts and is straight away, enveloped in a warm hug.

"Have you been having fun without me, PengYou?" Hui Gai asks them, including Lan Zhan in his action. He makes a face at seeing Porta Daven again.

Wei Ying quickly explains what is going on, and why Bai Hua should be allowed to administer whatever she thinks is necessary without intervention from anyone else, and Hui Gai grins.

"Don't worry, PengYou, I know exactly what to do." He grabs both Tang Pei and Healer Fei and vanishes.

"Do I really want to know?" Wei Ying mutters under his breath before unfreezing everyone.

He sees Li XiWang untense and upon finding whatever she was looking for in the box of medicine that Huaisang had gifted her, she begins by pouring the contents of the packet into a ceramic mortar. With the pestle, she grinds the ingredients into a fine powder, and then stirs in hot water. She wakes the Emperor and makes him drink it. Once she's satisfied that he's finished all of it, she steps back and Wei Ying is ready to catch her as she loses consciousness.

The Emperor also falls asleep soon afterwards.

Wei Ying settles down on the floor, letting Li XiWang rest her head in his lap as he gently strokes her hair. The Prince comes to sit by them, and he can't stop looking at her.

"Will she be alright?" He whispers to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying ruffles his hair affectionately and nods. "Believe it or not, this happens often to her. When she wakes up, which will be soon, she won't even remember what happened to her. But did she show you around Cloud Recesses?" Wei Ying whispers back. It's a roundabout way of asking him why he and Rumi and Li XiWang came here.

"Yes, she did. We were in the library when-" he bites his lip, unsure whether to continue or not.

"Did something happen?" Wei Ying asks him, keeping his tone casual.

To his surprise, the Prince blushes hard and now, won't even look at him.

"What did the child give to Our Gracious Emperor?" General Huang asks, going to the Emperor's bedside.

"I don't know, but I know that if my daughter gave it, then he is going to be cured faster than if anyone else prescribed a cure." Wei Ying levels his gaze at the General, defending Li XiWang.

"I do not mean to doubt her, or you, but please understand what it looks like to outsiders. It is uncommon for children to know of the years of experience that their Elders rely on." The General bows to soften his words.

"Be that as it may, this is no ordinary child." Wei Ying refuses to explain Li XiWang's circumstances.

It is a family matter and has nothing to do with those here for a short duration. He turns his attention back to Prince Wu.