Chapter 6

I can't believe he "friend zoned" me. I can't! That's all I can really think about on the bus ride to school. I really hope I don't see him , for real this time. Who am I kidding. He's in 4 of my classes. Its gonna be pretty hard to avoid him.

The day went by pretty slow and glum. Or maybe it was just me. Everybody else seemed to be having a good day but me. I can't really concentrate . Jordan wasn't the reason for the first time in ages. Thanksgiving break was all I could think about and my birthday of course. A week from today is going to be my birthday. Of course I'm throwing a party. My foster mom may be a heartless lady. But she tries to make me happy. She only acts like that when she'a drunk.

I'm going all out for my birthday . So , I'm spending all week planning for it with Chloe and Jada .

"So far we have the entertainment , food , music , and theme.." Jada said , as she checked it off the list. "What else do we need ?"

"Um.. I don't know . Mom !"

"Yess , sweetie what is it ?" She said in a loving caring voice. I like her better like this.

"I think I'm done planning.."

"Let me see .."

"Nicki Manaj , Trey Songz , Honey Cocaine , Bow Wow , Chris Brown , Frank Ocean ?" She had a confused look on her face. "What the hell.." She mumbled .

"What ?"

She bust out laughing . "Is this what ya'll young people listen to ? Back in my day we listened to New Edition , TLC , Tupac .." She started singing some old song and started dancing.

"Mom just stop please" I chuckled

"Ok Hun , I'll make it happen since that's what you want." She walked out still dancing .

"Dude , your mom is so cool" Chloe said laughing

"Wow did I really just see that" Jada said , laughing so hard she started crying.

"It's not that funny" I said .

"Yes it is !" They said in unison. They almost sounded like twins.

"My party is going to be deep.. And live as a bean !" I said laying back on my bed. I'm so hype.

All next week we have been spreading the word that its going to be a house party at my house. Chloe made flyers that told them it was a birthday bash.

I met up with jada for lunch. And on the way there I met the perfect guy. I'm still surprised myself. I couldn't stop smiling.

"What's got you in the daze?" Jada said taking a big bite of her hamburger. For her to be so skinny she eats so much!

"This guy I met today .." She interrupted

"At CaneRidge ? I'm surprised !" Chole walked over and sat beside me .

"Surprised about what?"

"This guy Zhee met today.." Jada said with a mouth full of food.

"You eat so nasty!" I told her.

"A new guy ?! Give me details !" Chloe said excitedly.

"Well .. It-.." She interrupted me. They do it alot. It use to bother me but I don't mind anymore.

"Start from the begginning!" She screeched.

"I'm trying to ! But you keep interrupting me ! I yelled.

"Ok my bad , go ahead."

"Ok , I was walking around the corner to the girls restroom. And I saw Jordan and Tori . And what looked like they were arguing. Jordan looked pissed. But it wasn't my business so I went to the other bathroom near the gym-.."

"Did you hear what they were arguing about ?" She interrupted again. I gave her that "really Chloe" look. She shut up.

"Let the girl finish!" Jada said.

"I'm sorry .. Go ahead."

"Ok , When I got there I didn't even have to go any more. I fixed my self up and walked out. I ran right into this tall boy . I dropped all my stuff like a complete idiot."

"Sorry I'm such a cluts"

"It's ok , here let me help you.."

"His voice was so perfect. It wasn't to deep or too light. Just right. But who is he. I still haven't saw his face. And when I picked up my last book he was holding it too. Our eyes met when we both stood up. It was like a movie. Not any movie a romance movie. His eyes were a pretty hazel golden color like honey. And his lips were oh so perfect . And he had a perfect smile."

"Welp , to bad he's taken" Jada said.

"How would you know!? You don't even know his name-..." Once again interrupted.

"She's right Zhee , all boys here are either taken or jerks. Chloe said.

"The cute ones at least.." Jada finished

I roll my eyes. "Can I finish!" I say annoyed.

"Yea , my bad. Go ' head." Chloe said.

"Aren't you the girl who's having the birthday bash tomorrow night?"

"Yea , you coming?"

"If I'm invited" he smirked.

"Of course" I could feel the goofy flirty look on my face.

"Cool , cool .. So what's your name , gorgeous?"

"Zhane but you can call me Zhee."

"Zhane? Your name is pretty .. Just like you."

I blushed so hard you practically could call me Rudolph's sister.

"Thanks . What's your name?"

"Kayden ,but you can call me KD."

I chuckled. "Like Kevin Durant?"

He laughed. "Yea , something like that."

The bell rung. I didn't wanna stop talking to him. I felt special again. Like I was actually worth something.

"Aww , man. I don't wanna leave you ma. But I gotta go. What's your number ?"

We traded phones and gave each other our numbers. Then I walked to lunch"

" Urmagerd! You got the number Zhee ! Well text him!!" Chloe said with excitement.

I blushed. I didn't know what to say.

"Doesn't he have your number? Wait till he text you-.." As soon as she said that. It was Kayden. Chloe and Jada looked at me with curiosity. I blushed before they had time to say something the bell rung.

"Welp , gotta go." I said rushing out of the lunch room.

I read the text. It said "hey , Zhee <3" i responded with "Hey, KD <3"

When I walked through class to find a seat Jordan's sitting down looking like he's processing something in his head. When I see him I remember him and "tori" were arguing this morning. He looked worried. I wanted to speak but we haven't spoke in weeks. I think it's best I keep my distance. And plus I have Kayden.