four

"Once again, good job on your introduction essay Sage! I loved how you basically took me on an adventure throughout your life and the way you use your words is absolutely extraordinary!" Mrs. Smith complimented me as she handed back my essay. 

The past few days, we have been working on our writing skills and for now just writing what ever we want to without a specific topic. I'm currently working on my next essay that is about Lily and I's first experience going to a concert. I was shocked to find out that my Dad actually knew her Mom and they explained to us that we went to my Mom's concert together and even showed us pictures. I was a little sad that I didn't have any classes with James, but all three of us actually have the same lunch period, so we meet up before I head home! 

"Bro, Mrs. Smith put so many question marks in my essay, am I really that dumb?" Lily questioned, staring at her paper. I chuckled as I shook my head at her.

"No, you're not dumb. You're difficult to understand" I smiled cheekily, receiving a playful punch from her on the shoulder.

"Wow, the teachers really sucking it up to you Swift" This girl in front of us whispered as she turned around to face Lily and I. 

Lily snarled at her as she continued to stare at her in disbelief. "What's wrong with that? Sage's a good writer".

I shook my head at Lily, "Just don't".

"Kenzie, I don't know why you're calling me Swift. I do have my Dad's last name, for your information" I snarled back at her.

Kenzie chuckled and I got a glimpse of her essay paper in her hands. "Oh my god, you got lower than 50%?", I laughed and Kenzie quickly hid her paper under her textbooks.

"Watch your mouth Swift, just because you're your Mommy's daughter doesn't mean shit" Kenzie whispered as she faced forward again.

I could see Mrs. Smith staring at me with a concerned look on her face, but I just gave her a smile and looked at Lily whose fists were clenched. I slapped her hands, shaking my head. It wasn't worth it, none of this was.

This actually wasn't even the first occurrence and I've already had a couple students try to get a reaction out of me in the other classes. I'd just ignore them, but sometimes they're just too loud and I'm grateful I get to go home soon. 

"Hey, you two are late" James said as Lily and I sat down at the lunch table. I opened my lunchbox, smiling at the note that Mom put in here.

"This Kenzie bitch in our first period keeps staring Sage and I down" Lily said as James jaw dropped. James shook her head as she searched the lunch room, looking for Kenzie and her little group. Kenzie wasn't even considered a popular kid, so I don't know why she was trying so hard. 

"I'll have my Mom text your Mom, Sage" James said inching closer to me, but I shook my head.

"No way, if she found out, she would take me out of school" I replied and it was true. My Mom was constantly afraid of kids picking on me or anything else. Every day when I'd come home, she would ask me about my day and ask how the kids treated me. 

"That's because she's worried for you, she knows how it feels. My Mom told me that your Mom has been through a lot and let's not all forget the time you got kidnapped, Sage. You're Mom probably cares about you more than your little sister" James chuckled.

I shook my head, giggling. There was absolutely no way, Ivy was Mom and Dad's little princess. I know that all of the scary things have been happening to me and especially when I was younger, but nothing bad has ever happened to Ivy. Did I mention that our birthday is coming up? I can't believe I have to celebrate my sweet sixteenth with that kid.