Chapter 5

(This is kind of a filler chapter so its not super long.)

 I got a call from my boss saying he needs everybody back at the base. By everyone he meant EVERYONE. Some people escaped, I had to tell him everything that everyone said and did. Like, I had to tell him that experiment A640 had come here because her sister was here. Experiment E523 transformed while we were in a "secret base" thing. Experiment A366 is extremely emotional and clingy to experiment A744 and the two are together, I believe. Experiment K247 is very strong physically but very weak mentally. It's just a load of chaos.

If I'm going to be honest, I hate my job. I love all the nice people but all this kidnapping and killing is really sad. I keep my job because it gives me good money and free food. I also really miss Eric, I wish he were here right now. He'd know what to do. I got off the couch to go talk to Luna.

"Hey Luna, do you know what happened to your dad?" I asked her.

"No clue, why?" She answered.

"You know, no one else knows but you and I." I responded

"Ohhhh! He might still be at that place, we were at." She shrugged

"Dammit, okay thank you!" I thanked her and walked away to the room I was staying in. I started to plan how to get Eric away from Frank and the other horrible people. I think this is where I quit my job and hide. I don't want to be killed, especially by my boss. He's mean when you say something against his opinion, the last person that quit he shot the poor girl, she didn't do anything wrong, she just quit because she wanted to finish college.

The plan to get Eric back was hard, I needed everybody in with this plan. I went to Luna once again to see if she would help me. She agreed and helped me get the others on board, everyone agreed except Jordyan. They didn't want to leave Ember or see her go.

"Luna! No! I'm not going! I'm staying with Ember! How many times do I need to tell you!" Jordyan was freaking out and waving their hands and wings everywhere, they almost knocked the glass on the counter over. Evelyn walked in.

"What's going on?" She asked, a bit irritated.

"Jordyan won't help us because they want to stay with Ember. I told them I know someone who will watch her for us but they just won't let her go." Luna explained.

"What if I took care of Ember, while you guys go. I'm not super important in the plan anyway." Evelyn offered.

"You would really do that for me?" Jordyan asked with tears forming in their eyes.

"Of course! Anything for a friend!" She gave them a smile

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" They ran up to her and gave her a big hug. They broke the hug, "Okay, I'll go but I want a phone to keep in touch with Evelyn and Ember. They dropped my phone when they took us." Aella walked in as they said that.

"You're lucky I kept my old phone then." She leaned against the door frame, scaring Jordyan. We all laughed.

"It's not funny!!" They yelled playfully.

"But it was!" Everyone laughed harder.

"Anyway, I'll go get my old phone and I'll have Athine fix it and set it up." Aella said, walking away, giggling.

"Thank you!" Jordyan raised their voice so she could hear them.