chapter 6

To get to the base, we have to walk there to be hidden and not seen by people. The solution was costumes, so I had to wear a massive hoodie, huge sweat pants, and a big beanie.

"Do I have to wear all of this? I could just hide in the darkness of the night, like Batman!" I chuckled at my own bad joke.

"Oh, I guess you could do that!" Athine dramatically put her hands on her hips.

"Yay!" I cheered while taking off my clothes. Evelyn giggled at me. I ran off to my room, where Alistair was just playing guitar and singing whatever came to mind. I found the key board I was looking for and I started playing a song. He stopped playing and he started singing with me. We harmonized so well, I sang low tenor and he sang high tenor.

We were singing All Of Me by John Legend, he sat with me on my bed and got closer. We were soon touching legs, touching shoulders. It was a dream, but soon that dream was to be ruined. Ember slammed the door open, "I heard singing!" She yelled.

"Would you like to join us?" Ali offered

"Yes! But can we move to the front room?" She asked.

"Why not, I'll move the piano in there too, will you grab the guitar as well, in case we change songs." I mentioned Ali.

"Alrighty then! We'll do that! Why don't you go in the front room and wait for us, we'll be out in a few." Ali said, taking the keyboard from me brushing my hand. I blushed so hard, why him? Why is it him? He doesn't even like me! Why do I like him?

"J? You good?" He asked me

"Oh, yeah... I just zoned out I guess..."

"You grab the guitar, I've got the keyboard." He smiled at me

"Oh okay. Thank you." I blushed once more, why?! Why is it the little things?! I got the guitar before I zoned out completely. We got into the front room, and Ali started to play the guitar, I recognized the song, it was one of my favorites. Ember knew it was one of my favorites, she loved it as much as me.

Alistair's POV

I decided to play one of J's favorite songs. The two siblings started to sing, so I decided to let them have their little sibling moment. Jordyan was adorable, when they sang. I love their passion for it. I moved closer to J and they leaded on my shoulder, still singing with Ember. They were singing Little Lion Man. Their voices sound so beautiful together, even if they have different singing types. Ember having a more musical theater voice and Jordyan having a more Indie voice.

This next bit, there will be them each singing a part of the song. I do recommend playing the song while reading this. It's Little Lion Man by Mumford And Sons.. Italics is Jordyan. Underlined is Ember. Bolded is both.

Weep for yourself, my man

You'll never be what's in your heart

Weep little lion man

You're not as brave as you at the start

Rate yourself and rake yourself

Take all the courage you have left

And waste it on fixing all the problems

That you made in your own head

But it was not your fault but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I my dear, didn't I my-