Ep.7

Valerie O'driscoll
....

"He apologized and ever since then, he's just been a sweetheart. Doing the cutest things like sending me flowers, my favourite chocolates and he even wrote me a poem." Mira gushed, carelessly chopping cucumbers with this distant smile  n her face.

"Aww that's so cute, Bella." Mom gushed, encouraging the smile on that face. "He sounds like a gem-"

"More like a cheap ass player using dumb gestures to woo his way back in her pants." I muttered matter-of-factly. Earning myself an immediate earful.

"Val!" Mom gasped in disbelief. "It's true mom. He probably even googled that poem he-"

"Don't listen to her, sweetie. She's just a jelly-bean." Mom immediately dismisses me, turning back to Mira. Who by the way was glaring dagger at me from the other side if the kitchen table. "I'm sure he's actually sorry and trying to make up for his mistake."

"Thanks, miss Faye. I really appreciate it-" she then snapped does eyes back on me. "-maybe Val needs to learn a thing or two-"

"I'm hungry. Can we cook faster?"

"Oh shut up, Val. You're not even helping." Mom rolls her eyes, glaring at me. I don't what was their problem but dinner was taking longer than normal and I'm starving. "Now, go back and watch your silly cartoons whiles I talk to Bella."

She shooed me away, waving me away with her hand. Her eyes turning back to Mira who shot me an eye-roll before going back to the task at hand. "Yeah sure, just sending me away, will you Mom? Because Mira has completely replaced me now in this house." I snorted, folding my arms as I glared at them both.

Miras' eye were slightly wide in amusement, she knew what I was doing. Trying to guilt-trip Mom wasn't something I did often, but I surely did enjoy doing it to rough up her feathers a bit.

Immediately a frown caught her lips as she pouted at me. "Not with this again, my soul Val-"

"No, I understand." I rolled my eyes. "Mira just happens to be better than me, mmh? I actually agree, you know." I sighed dramatically, looking down at my lap, trying not to laugh. "My own Mom doesn't love me anymore, gosh."

"Valerie." Mom called out.

"Maybe I should just move out, don't you think?" Mom stopped stirring the food on the pot turning to me. "We could just move Miras' stuff in, instead. I'm pretty sure she'll be a way better daughter than I could ever be-"

"Valerie, darling-"

I stood up, catching Mira struggling to hold in her laugh. I nearly snorted at that moment but managed to push it back in. "You know what, mom? I'll just go pack my things now-"

"I'll back your favourite chocolate cookies!" Mom exclaimed loudly, blocking my rambling. I could hear her rapid breathing, she was clearly overwhelmed and trouble, I'd actually tricked her. And like the other times, it worked.

My back was to them, and a grin spreads out throughout my face as I turned to look at her. "Really?!" I yelped, walking back towards them.

Mom rubs her forehead, blowing out a breath. "Gosh Val. When will you stop troubling me?" She asked, shaking her head.

"Then if I'm such a hussle for you, I'll just leave-"

"Yes, yes Val! Goodness, I'll bake you those damned cookies!" She raised her hard in surrender, laughing breathlessly. "Such a pain in my ass, Val. That's what you are."

My eyes snapped to Mira as we both squeal, " Free cookies!" Mom rolls her eyes, pouting playfully as she turns back to her pot of food. Her head shaking in amusement. "I've been cursed with two troublemakers as my daughters." She mumbles, sending us a short look.