Ep.3

Valerie O'Driscoll p.o.v

Mom hadn't arrived home last night because she was suddenly given night shift, one of her patients, a eight year old girl needed her, and so she stayed in the hospital the whole night.

This morning, I got a text from her, telling me that she won't be home until this evening. Meaning I had the house to myself and I'm about to take advantage of that. Come on, you can't blame me.

This was a life time opportunity, my Mom is never out for more than four hours, by the time I'm back home from school, she's either already here or she's driving her way home. Growing up I never got enough freedom and maybe that's why this was exciting for me.

I had school in the afternoons, and so I invited my best friends Mirabella and Jason over. Apparently Jason didn't have classes today, so he agreed to the three hours trip just to be here.

Currently I'm in the kitchen making brownies and chocolate fudge. It's a dish I always loved making. Baking was my thing, but... if I ever cooked, it'll rather be salty or I'd burn it down.

Jason and Mirabella have been my friends ever since childhood, then I moved to North Carolina,  I was new to the school and everyone picked-on me, but a girl with curly brown hair and round huge classes on her face approached me, introducing herself as Mirabella.

Mirabella then later introduced me to Jason, who apparently was her only friend in that entire high school. For the first three months of knowing him, I had a huge crush on him. Until I had to move on because he friend-zoned me when we were in 9th grade.

Jason Vine was a bit annoyed with me in the beginning, claiming that I was only friends with Mira because I was planning something, that I wasn't trustworthy, and would hurt her.

Later, I found out Mira was literally the schools target, and soon enough I did my best to stop the bullying that kept happening to her, and informed the principal about it. I got a lot of bullies of my own after that.

Ever since then, Jason started trusting me and we were all unstoppable, very close and always ready to help each other.

We eventually graduated high school and started University, but Jason was separated from us when he got accepted to another Uni, luckily it was just a city away, three hours drive from here.

Placing the brownies and chocolate fudge on the table, I grabbed the plates and rushed to grab the small vanilla cake I baked in the oven.

The doorbell rang and I rushed to open the door. A smile rising to my face when I caught Mira and Jas standing there with wide grins on their faces.

It took me a while to take in how handsome Jason is. With his blond hair, light brown eyes and dimples in display.

"Jason!" I jumped into his arms, immediately he caught me, hugging me as he chuckled. "I missed you so much!"

"Feels good to be loved." He mumbles, rubbing my back. Pulling away, he grabbed my face and kissed my forehead. "How have you been, Winny?"

Immediately frowning at the use of my ugly middle name. "Okay, maybe I don't miss you anymore."

Jason laughed, rolling his eyes as he walked in the house pass me. "You love me." He said loud enough for his voice to echo in the empty house. "...and you love it when I call you that." Okay, maybe just him.

Mira stood there smiling from ear to ear. "Seems like I'm not missed, huh." She said. "Maybe if I leave no one would noti-"

"Mira!" I jumped in her arms, almost making us both fall on our butt, cutting her off completely. "I missed you so much!"