First Night

We finished last chapter with a cliffhanger, so, have the continuation...

===========================

He sits there looking serious.
He's awaiting a reaction.
He's genuinely curious.
It's taking time.
As it does.

He waits patiently but eagerly and anxiously.

Until he gets his awaited reaction.

And he waits for him to say it.

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

Previous chapter:

"I love you."

--------------------------------------------

I look down at him with a gentle smile until he pounces on me and wraps my in a tight hug.

"Wow wow wow, ease up there cowboy!" I chuckle as I try to hide my grunt of pain.

Macaque pulls back questioningly but I shake my head and smile at him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as I lean against the back of the lounge and close my eyes.

I notice Macaque shift a little and feel as his eyes land on me, so I open mine and look down at him.

"Why hello there stranger~" I purr lightly.

Macaque smirks up at me and I chuckle softly.

"It's getting late, you should rest."

He looks at me and shakes his head.

I raise an eyebrow and look at him sternly.

He pouts at me and I smirk down at him.

"Sleep." I say broadly. "Now."

He smirks up at me and crosses his legs, putting a hand on his knee as he speaks.

"And if I don't~?"

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

The whines and protests from the midnight blue cat pinned tight to my chest, were the only sounds that could be heard as I lay on the lounge, staring at the wall opposite me.

"If you don't let me go right now I will get my shadow monster to tear you to itty bitty pieces!!" Macaque rages as he wriggles and squirms.

"And if you shut up, stop wriggling and you go to sleep, then maybe I might consider it." I hum, knowing what would piss him off.

Macaque stops and glares at me before doing a "Wukong Rage" and clawing at me, resulting in him being thrown at a wall with no time to create a shadow portal to go through it.

"I'm so sorry Macaque!" I yelp, scrambling up and scurrying over to him.

"It's fine Peaches." He groans, stumbling to four paws and swaying as he stands with a yawn.

"You need sleep..." I say with a disapproving frown as I pick him up and place him on the lounge.

"No! I don't want to sleep!" He exclaims

I frown at him and sit beside him.

"And why not?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"I-..." He looks me in the eye. "Because I'm afraid."

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

I look at him to see his eyes fading shut, despite how much he fought it, he was failing the fight.

"I'm not tired." He mumbles with an attempted glare.

"Yeah? And Wukong is the Jade Emperor's son." I reply sarcastically. "Go to sleep."

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

I look at the midnight coloured cat on my chest and tug the blanket over his half unconscious form as he blearily looks up at me.

"Goodnight Macaque." I say with a soft smile.

He doesn't respond as he nuzzles into my neck and shoulder.

I cover us with the blanket and gently scratch between his ears.

"Goodnight Peaches..." He yawns with a soft purr.

"Sleep well Mac." I hum, closing my eyes with a gentle breath.

"I love you."

Were the last words I head as I passed out into the dark void called sleep.

===========================
Hello my dear readers, I know this wasn't long, but things have been going on and I've been working as hard as I can to update.

I hope you enjoyed this and I will see you next chapter!

~ His Cub