Chapter 4

I dropped my keys on the counter in Aaron’s kitchen along with two bags full of chinese food. The aroma of wonton soup, egg-fu-yung, sesame chicken, sweet and sour chicken, rice, ribs, and dumplings filled the air. It took everything within me to not let myself drool and force myself away from the delicious food. My stomach growling let me know that it wasn’t happy about that.

I heard the water shut off down the hall and the faint slide of the shower curtain. Good timing.

I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and went to the fridge, filling it with ice and water. As I was taking a sip, I turned to go sit on the couch when a naked Aaron filled my line of vision. My glass slipped and shattered on the floor. “Jesus, Aaron!” I yelled, spinning around and covering my eyes. “You couldn’t at least put a towel on?!”

I heard him chuckle. “It’s my apartment. Don’t like the way I walk around in it, leave.”

I let out a groan, keeping my eyes shut, turned and started to feel my way to his bathroom. After about five minutes, I finally found a towel and made my way back to him, cautiously wrapping it around his waist. Slowly, I opened one eye to see him looking down at the shitty job I had done.

“You made Damien upset. All he wanted to do was say hello,” he mumbled with a frown.

“Damien? You named it Damien?” My jaw had hit the floor. Was he serious?

He nodded, not looking up and still frowning.

“Jesus christ...” I let out, pinching the bridge of my nose. “Why am I friends with you?” The next time I looked up, I found him right in front of me. I swallowed, realizing how attractive he was with the white towel resting low on his hips; the way his muscles gleamed in the lighting; his eyes, dark and full of something I couldn’t put my finger on. He was so close that his breath started sending shivers down my spine. “Aaron...” I said to realize I had no breath. I took a step back to find myself bumping up against the counter.

The air changed between us from funny and joking around to what seemed like seriousness and desire. He pushed a lock of my hair behind my ear and said softly, “Sometimes, I ask myself the same thing...”

My heart rate started to pick up. Why? I had no clue. It was like I was seeing Aaron in a whole different way. Better. Stronger. Sexier. Before I could stop myself, I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck and melting my lips with his. His muscular arms immediately found their way around my waist, pulling me closer.

I kissed him hard, biting his bottom lip gently as I tangled my hands in his hair. Slowly, I felt his hands trail lower, past my hips and over my jeans. I responded by jumping up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

He let out a soft moan, backing up until he fell on the couch, pulling me on top of him. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. What I was doing, how it felt so good, why I liked it, and that it was wrong. I tried pulling away but found myself incapable of it. I was too far gone in him, the way his hands ran over my body and how warm and tender his lips were over mine.

Stop it, Tera! This isn’t right! I screamed at myself but as easily as I had thought it was as easily I ignored it. I didn’t want to stop.

I pressed myself against him, feeling his lips travel down my throat and to my collarbone where he sucked lightly. Closing my eyes, I slightly let myself give into the hunger. That was until my phone started ringing from the counter. Reality slammed into me so hard that I pulled away from Aaron much faster than I intended. After a second of disbelief, I slid off of him and hurried to where my cellular device sat, my dad’s picture lighting up the screen.