Chapter 1 - Allegory

"Listen, I don't enjoy long monologues, so let me make this clear..."

"At any point in time, I will and can strike."

"Take this... as your vague warning."

"Until then..."

"I will see all of you later, especially you... You poor, moronic excuse of a 'brother'..."

...

The universe outside of the barriers of the first multiverse, now two after the second had been purified of the chaos that ensued, was undoubtedly one of the darkest, darker, and yet even darker of those in its lonely situation, only the artificial stars set above its plane illuminated the land that was so very similar to the late Dreamtale, which had long since perished of it's people across every fathomable timeline, this place was no different.

And Truly the only structure to which could be seen, and grotesquely admired was the tall castle amidst the grassy plane, it was black, some parts rotting with goop but nevertheless, it stood at the highest of its form among the empty plane of meaningless stars and senseless green fields, and it was as if the castle swayed with the wand, an illusionary feeling as the wind itself felt to be artificial as well, the disgusting universe lacked any sense of life wholeheartedly.

Inside the dark corridors of the castle, lay far more imminent darkness within the chilling, dead halls as only vaguely lit chandeliers from above lit the way of the fantasy-esque area, the marble walls reflecting back that light and yet it was all pointless because in the end, unfortunately, it was all too real, the slightest refusal of the reality from whatever hellscape the place bore from is an invitation for death.

But no more lifeless would its grim purposeless stature be, as not long after, on the blood-red carpet with eerily disheveled strings that lined the pathway through the corridors, something out of nowhere composed of goop and a subtle black mist began to form from the ground as the splashing and dripping of their state spread across the hallways until it abruptly stopped as the death-like being took its proper form.

"...Exquisite, no chance to absorb his power now, eh..?" Nightmare said as he slowly raised his hand to his face, as the glimmers of what remained of Beelzebub, red and foreboding were ultimately corrupted and destroyed into more purple and black fragments that withered away into nothingness as the king of negativity looked on with a sinister grin as his eyes then traveled astray to the darker path before him.

"...Are you listening, Nightmare? You have probably started to get the wrong idea of me, again..." Nightmare muttered as the right side of his face unraveled, revealing the tired and exhausted eye of the passive Nightmare that lay within as their purple, clear eye was completely still, as if dead.

"I don't truly do this for power, I do this for enjoyment, the growth in strength merely is a byproduct of that... Same as the mask of a power glutton I've put up... So let that sink in, perhaps you can rest easy knowing I won't just want to kill everyone on a whim, is that not relaxing?" Nightmare sarcastically spoke as he closed up the right side of his face before striding his way down the dark hall.

"I exist to see the suffering and so I will..."

"No matter if me or your brother dies."