𝟰𝟮 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹❞

❝𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘰𝘶𝘵❞

❝𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦
𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯
𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘰𝘶𝘵❞

- 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘺, 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵

QUIDDITCH ROLLED AROUND AGAIN THE NEXT DAY.

it was a terribly stormy day, it was a struggle to see players through the thick and heavy rain. you were holding your umbrella with a firm grip so that it wouldn't fly away, you had seen one zooming out of a hufflepuff's hand just earlier.

you yourself had been attending weekly quidditch training sessions, being a skilled player now that most of the guys on the team liked to pick on. well, behind your back, if they said anything to your face they'd be done for.

you were sat at the back of the stands, looking grumpy and unpleasant. it was cold and stormy and you wished anything but to be here.

the match was hectic, the players nor the audience could see much of anything and there had already been numerous collisions. the end of a gryffindor girls broom got struck by lightning and she was sent pummeling down towards harry.

but it seems he saw the snitch because he went zooming passed a teacher stand, off into the clouds along with the hufflepuff seeker.

you huffed out slightly, holding yourself tight. you got cold rather easily.

you squint slightly, trying to catch anything but your shitty eyesight certainly didn't help with the less than pleasant weather.

you look up, the hufflepuff seeker was falling rapidly back down to the ground. his hair was crazy and frizzy and he looked awe-struck.

your eyebrows raise as harry starts pummeling down to the ground, he was without his broom and was headed straight for the hard ground.

you see dumbledore raise his arm from another stand, probably doing something to save him.

"HE LOOKS A BIT PEAKY, DOESN'T HE?"

"peaky? what do you expect? he fell over a hundred feet"

"come on, ron. let's walk you off the astronomy tower"

"and see what you look like"

you look down at harry, his eyes were twitching. you had begrudgingly come to visit him in the hospital alongside most of the quidditch team and ron and hermione.

"probably a right side better than he normally does" harry jokes, everyone breathes out in relief.

you all back up as he sits up.

"how are you feeling?" hermione asks.

"oh, brilliant"

"you gave us a right good scare there, mate" one of the twins says.

"what happened?" harry asks.

"well.. you fell off your broom" hermione says, glancing at ron who was holding a something wrapped in a gryffindor flag.

"really? i meant the match. who won?"

you deadpan.

hermione stands up, glancing at you nervously, you shrug.

"um.. no one blames you, harry.. the dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. dumbledore was furious. as soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off"

"there's uh, something else you should know too, harry..."

you glance down at the wrap in ron's arms.

"when you fell, your broom it... sort of.. blew into the whomping willow, and.."

he unravels the flag, revealing a bundle of sticks which was once harry's nimbus 2000.

"well..." he picks up the handle.

you wince slightly, you rather treasured your broom.

date posted ; 17/04/24