I. Of Exquisite Beauty

2019, Kansas, United States of America.

At the tender age of eighteen, Elizabeth Ophelia Thorne left her Boston home behind and ventured to her grandparents' rustic farmstead nestled amidst the vast expanses of Kansas. The tranquility of this paradise had been calling out to her since childhood, beckoning with its gentle whispers of peace and solitude, a much-needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life.

Elizabeth was a young woman of exquisite beauty, her tanned skin accentuated by the golden glow of the sun as it filtered through the swaying wheat fields surrounding her. Wearing her favorite pastel pink sun dress that hugged every curve just right, she made her way down the dirt path leading to the main house. Her grandparents were waiting for her, their faces filled with joy at seeing their granddaughter after so many years.

Homemade lemonade was the perfect refreshment to quench one's thirst while sitting under the shade of the ancient oak tree in the yard. It was there that Elizabeth found herself daydreaming about the adventures awaiting her during her stay.

"Grandma!" exclaimed Elizabeth excitedly, "I want to ride horses! And go swimming! Can we please?"

Her grandmother chuckled heartily as she sipped her lemonade. "Of course, sweetheart. We can do whatever you like. I'll get your things ready first thing tomorrow morning before breakfast."

Elizabeth delighted in this news and could hardly contain her excitement. The refreshing taste of homemade lemonade, a concoction crafted with love by her clever grandfather who had spent the entire night squeezing lemons to make enough for her beautiful granddaughter.