𝟚𝟛

Urahara had called all the teachers together, but as usual, Gojo skipped out on these meetings

Urahara had called all the teachers together, but as usual, Gojo skipped out on these meetings. Mei Mei, Utahime, Shoko, Geto, Nanami, Haibara, and I sat at the table. I rested my head in my hand out of boredom. I had never wished so strongly for Gojo to be here, as he would have surely turned everything upside down. 

Urahara spoke, "We're planning battles between our students." 

At least now he had piqued my interest a bit.

 I grabbed the pen and played with it as he continued, "After all, we want our students to let off steam." 

Geto glanced briefly at me and then at Urahara, "But is it really safe to do so when we have so many enemies?"

 By enemies, he meant Toji and the revolution group Gojo mentioned. My grip on the pen tightened at the thought of seeing Toji as an enemy.

 Utahime sighed, "Geto-kun has a point."

 Mei Mei, as always, chimed in, "As long as I get paid, count me in."

 Urahara sighed, "Yes, Mei Mei, you'll get your payment." 

She grinned widely. 

He then looked at Utahime and Geto, "You both have valid concerns, but we will erect a protective barrier to shield the students from external dangers and beside we have Riko who will also help us with the barriers"

 He then suddenly pointed at me and at Gojo's empty seat beside me, "Furthermore, we have the strongest ones as overseers, so nothing can go wrong."

 The thought made me uneasy. Haibara looked concerned in my direction.

 Urahara smiled at me, "Is something wrong, Miura? You look defeated." 

I gave him a death glare, and he smiled even more.

 I scoffed and shook my head in disbelief, "When is this competition supposed to take place?"

 Geto whispered to me in shock, "Miura!" 

I whispered back, "We all need a little distraction since Megumi's death."

 He sighed.

Urahara clapped his hands excitedly, "I'm glad to have someone here who wants the competition to happen." 

I hissed and spread out on the chair.

 "The competition will take place in three days." 

Utahime reacted incredulously, "What? How am I supposed to prepare my students by then?"

 Urahara laughed, "Are you implying that your students are weak?" 

She rolled her eyes. 

Shoko lit another cigarette, "Do I have to play rescue service again?" 

Urahara looked at her happily, "Exactly!" 

She took a deep breath, and I turned in her direction and grinned at her. She grinned back.

 I turned back to Urahara, "What's allowed in the competition?" 

Urahara picked up his list and read, "Everything except killing is allowed. Cursed tools are allowed. Self-learned techniques are allowed. But as I said, killing, seeking help outside the barrier, and causing injuries severe enough to result in death are prohibited." 

I nodded. "That's it; you may leave." 

We all stood up, annoyed, and headed toward the exit. 

How quickly time flies. Why didn't we have such a competition back then? Oh right, we were so few that it wouldn't have been worthwhile.

 Nanami cleaned his glasses with tissues, "Haibara and I will be on a mission that day; can you manage without us?" 

I nodded, "Of course, no problem." 

Haibara pouted and let his arms hang in front of him, "Aw, I wanted to see the students let loose and show their potential!" 

Utahime took a deep breath, "Maybe next year." 

Mei Mei walked away from us without saying goodbye. I never really understood her.

 I snapped back to reality when Shoko suddenly asked me, "Where is the idiot anyway?" 

I sighed, "Why are you asking me as if I were his mother?"

 Geto laughed, "He's probably at some stalls buying loads of sweets and then stuffing me with them afterward."

 Shoko made a disgusted face, "Sweets aren't tasty." 

I reacted hurt with Utahime, looking at Shoko, "What?!" 

She took a drag from her cigarette. 

Nanami grinned, "Maybe it's because she's a doctor." 

Haibara laughed, "She smokes and she's a doctor." 

She shrugged amusedly, "Smoking relaxes." 

I raised my eyebrows, "And kills too." 

She waved her finger back and forth, "I'll just do a little hocus pocus, and I'm healed." 

We all looked at her dumbfounded. Every time she tried to explain how she heals us, we couldn't understand a word.

We stepped outside and bid each other farewell. I walked down the stairs when suddenly Gojo was standing there with a pink bag. I looked annoyed in his direction and walked past him, but he followed me.

 "You didn't show up for the teacher's meeting," 

He said with a grin "Geto will tell me everything later anyway."

 I sighed. He proudly pulled out mochis on a stick and offered me one. My stomach growled, and my mouth watered. 

Mochis are my favorite food! But I cant show ANY WEAKNESS. Can I resist if they're filled with vanilla? 

Suddenly he said, "Come on, take it! They're filled with vanilla!"

 My eyes widened, and my mouth hung wide open. I snatched it from his hand and stuffed it directly into my mouth.

 He was momentarily startled and then laughed amusedly, "I knew that was your favorite food!"

 I looked at him astonished, and with a mouth full, I mumbled unclearly, "How did... you know... that?" 

He suddenly patted my head, making me blush slightly. We continued walking while the sun continued to mercilessly shine on us, but it had no effect on me. I stopped and wiped the crumbs from my cheek, then took Gojo's hand in mine. The difference in hand size was too noticeable. 

He looked at me surprised, "What are you up to?"

 I didn't answer him but let an ice script write on his hand, creating an icy layer on his skin. I looked at him, and his eyes were a bit too beautiful today.

 I muttered, "Now we are done"

 He laughed and hugged me, and I felt my ears turning red. I felt his heartbeat, but I quickly broke free from his embrace. He laughed and smiled gently at me. I had a deja vu. 

A memory that felt so familiar. Gojo and I laughing as we ran down the Jujutsu Academy. 

I managed to force a smile to hide my emotions.

What was that?