Trente

Taking a sip from my almond milk, I look at my notes to revise the topic I had left from yesterday, knowing the test was coming up next week

"Here you go, one donut for you," looking up from my notes to give her a cheeky grin as I grab the donut from the plate.

( I don't like sharing you y/n)

Oh my god jade.

"Thank you, Ana. You didn't have to bring me anything. I was full—I ate ramen before showing up," I confess.

Ana gave me a disappointed look and promptly pulled my ear.

"My little baby, how many times do I have to tell you to eat a proper meal at least once a day? I was not here for about a week, and I'm sure you didn't have a proper meal this whole time, am I right?!"

She scolds me, a mix of worry and affection in her tone.

Smiling nervously, I held her hand and pretended it was hurting.

"Ah, it's hurting, stop, please! I will eat a delicious meal prepared by your hands... maybe some alfredo will do?" I suggest, trying to appease her.

Ana playfully slapped the back of my head, then takes the notes from me as she pushes her steak towards me.

"Stop studying for now. I know you must have done everything already and revised countless times, so don't even lie to me,"

she insisted, while i take a bite from her steak.

After eating i rest my head on her shoulder, I sighed,

"I'm sleepy. I didn't sleep last night," admitting the truth, knowing she was the only one after Edward that I'm comfortable with telling everything and not keeping it to myself.

Suddenly, she turned towards me, causing my head to fall from her shoulder, and held both of my cheeks in her hands.

"Why couldn't you sleep? Did you get nightmares?" Her concern was palpable.

I was thankful to have her in my life. We had started as mere strangers, but she treated me like a delicate flower, helping me. Sometimes, I felt guilty, knowing she had her own struggles and problems yet she was always there for me, hiding her worries so I wouldn't get stressed.

"No, I didn't have nightmares. It's just... before that, I slept for three hours after coming from my shift in the evening, so I couldn't sleep at night,"