Trente-trois

The professor was packing his stuff to leave, but before heading out, he informs me to come to his office.

Confused, I still help him carry his things. As we make our way there, hurried footsteps approach us.

"Professor, let me help you,"

Jungkook says,taking the items from my arms. His fingers brushed against my arm in the process as he gives me a small smile and walk beside the professor.

                                    At the office

"Thank you for the help, Jungkook. You may go now."

Giving the professor a nod, he leaves us alone.

"Why did you call me, sir?"

I ask as he places the files on the shelf and looks at me.

"It's nothing much, but I wanted you to help Jungkook if he has any problems. As you know, he joined mid-semester, so it must be hard for him to adjust. I hope you'll assist him."

"But sir, can't you ask Fred? I have a part-time job, and it will be hard for me,"

I try to make excuses, hoping he wouldn't insist on me helping Jungkook.

""Y/N, you don't need to tutor him or anything like that. He's a very bright and intelligent student."

If he is so intelligent then why are you asking me to help him!!?

He passes some pages toward me, as I pick them up.

"You can see that even though he came mid-semester and missed most classes, his test scores are only slightly lower than yours."

"Then how do you want me to help him, sir?"

I ask, realizing he wasn't going to let this go.

"I just want you to help him during study hours at the university. If he needs notes or help understanding a topic."

I should ask Fred to help Jungkook without the professor knowing.

"Oh, and about that,"

he pointed his finger at me and then sat down behind his desk.

"Fred is on leave due to health issues. He had his appendix removed two days ago, which is why I'm asking you to help Jungkook."

Just what i wanted!!

Frustrated i look at my professor and sigh.

He opened his laptop, and I took the cue to leave, bowing to him.

"Goodbye, sir."

He nods at me as he adjusts his glasses. I open the door and head out .

"Wait, Y/N, for me!"

Looking back, I see Jungkook running toward me, and then standing beside me.

"Let's go," he says and starts to walk ahead while I remain standing in place.

Glancing around, I slowly take steps toward the staircase, hoping to escape from him.

As I put my foot on the first step, he grabs my shirt collar from behind.

"Why are you going that way? Isn't the cafeteria on this side?"

he asks me,looking all confused.

"What is with you, touching me without my permission I need to get my bag from the classroom, so leave me !!"

As he release my collar, I make my way toward the staircase.

"Okay, then! Let's first go to the classroom, and then we can go to the cafeteria together."