Trente-sept

JUNGKOOK POV

"Jungkook, the dons of the shareholder meeting in London want you to be present there as well. They're saying they won't accept you if you're not there."

"Jimin, what the hell!?" Frustration was all I could feel.

"I need to attend the meeting in Japan, and they all know that. Why are they making a big deal out of it now when they had no problem with it before?"

All the dons had already accepted and signed the documents and were on my side, except the don of Japan. For that reason, I was going to Japan to persuade him. But now, instead of Jimin leading the meeting, they want me to be present!

"I'll try again, Jungkook, but I think you should focus here. If you lose them, you're screwed."

Knowing he had a point, I sighed and made my way toward the mini bar in my lounge. Taking a seat, I watched as one of the maids prepared a tequila for me.

"I know, Jimin. I will call Mr. Moon's secretary to see if he can change the date of the meeting. This is our last and only chance, Jimin. We can't mess up anything."

Knowing how much each of my steps and decisions is going to affect so many people, the burden is overwhelming. It has mentally and physically drained me, but I have no other choice.

"I will take care of everything, dude. If anything goes wrong, I'll try my best to find a solution. Don't worry. Take care, and I'll call you later."

"Hmm."

Hanging up, I put my head on the desk and close my eyes. Sleep eludes me, even though my body is breaking and my mind is desperate to escape into dreams. But such solace is beyond my reach.

Hissing as I feel another headache coming, I get up and go toward my study to prepare for the exam, knowing I won't be able to sleep.

"Leave me this instant! I'm the future don's soon-to-be wife. How could you even touch me, you douchebag?"

Looking back, I see Daisy fighting with the bodyguards as they try to hold her.

"Miss, we respect you, and that's why we didn't throw you out of the gates. Please cooperate and leave. The boss won't be happy to see you."

Flipping her hair, she looks at them with a pointed glare.

"Don't lie to me. My Jungkookie would never say such a thing. I know he misses me very much, and that's why I'm here. Now, get lost before I tell him to fire you both."

What did I do to have such an annoying girl stick to my ass all the time?

Making my way toward them, a frightened look spreads across the bodyguards' faces as they bow toward me.

"Sir, we will get her out. Don't worry, you can go back."

Shaking my head at them, I look toward Daisy.

"Come inside." Faking a smile, I let her come in.

"I will let you both go this time, but next time I won't," she says, pointing a finger at them and giving them a death glare.

Making my way toward the kitchen, I wait for her to follow.

"Jungkookie, I missed you so much. It's been so long since we talked peacefully. Come, let's sit in the lounge."

she takes my right hand in hers but I yank it away and make a disgusted face at her.

"Why did you touch me, Daisy? Now I have to clean my hand. Ugh." Tilting my head back, I squeeze the bridge of my nose in frustration.