Chapter 3: Repercussions

"Get dressed, and then we'll talk," Andy Biersack said. I didn't dare argue, so I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran back into the bathroom. I didn't know what to do. It was bad. Like really, really bad. I didn't really think it through, did I? What did I think was going to happen? I was bound to be found out at some point. Or was I planning on staying with them just long enough for me to be hundreds of miles away from home? I can't say I know the answer to any of these.

When I got out of the bathroom, I saw that they weren't on the couch anymore but were sitting around their table. Apparently, the couch had become the hot seat, reserved for their "ghost." I slowly sat down, my face probably showing just how remorseful I felt because I saw some of them giving me a look of curiosity. But not Andy, no. He looked ready to kill. Teenage Rory would have been devastated about the fact that when she finally met Black Veil Brides, they hated her. Maybe it's a good thing that my father forced me to stop being a fan of them.

"Do you have a name?" Lonny asked.

"Yeah, we need that for the police. Good thinking, Lonny," Andy said.

"The what?" I squeaked. They were going to have me arrested? I REALLY didn't think this through.

"The police. You are trespassing. Who knows what all you've stolen by now, and you tried to psychologically manipulate us into believing in ghosts." Andy's comment was met with agreement from the rest of the band.

"No! I didn't! I mean -"

"You didn't what? Have you not been sneaking around this bus for the last couple of days? Are you some deranged fan or something? Is that what this is about?" He asked.

"Well, I have been staying here for a week, yes, but -"

"See? Wait. A whole week?" Andy was taken aback by this new information. While I did enjoy the look of confusion on his face, I did realize that the information I provided them with would not help my case at all.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry," I muttered. Andy rolled his eyes and said, "As long as you're sorry."

"Maybe let the girl speak," Jake suggested, nudging the singer. The latter clenched his jaw and motioned for me to continue.

"I, well, huh, I don't really know where to start. I didn't steal anything, for one. I mean, I did eat some of your food, and I will gladly compensate you for it. I can even pay for my stay here. And two, I didn't try to manipulate you into believing in ghosts. I was amused by Jinxx and CC's reaction when I cleaned this place, and I wanted to play a little prank on you. If it helps, I didn't sleep much that night either," I offered. A snort escaped Lonny, and Jake was sort of trying to hide his smile. Jinxx and CC looked both embarrassed and amused. But Andy was very obviously a tough one to crack.

"How the hell did you manage to hide behind a couch for a week?"

"I just kind of always waited for you to leave, and you always came back at the same time, so I don't know... Luck?" I shrugged, starting to feel a bit more comfortable, though I shouldn't have.

"Is nobody going to ask how she managed to sneak on here without our knowledge?" Lonny asked.

"Oh. Yeah, I was drunk, and the bus was unlocked. I clicked on the button that opened the door, and that's pretty much it."

"Excuse me?" Andy's mood seemed to sour more and more with every word I spoke. He really did not like me.

"Yeah, I've noticed that this bus isn't all that protected from intruders..." I shrugged.

"No shit, Sherlock."

"So, wait. What was even the purpose of this hijacking?" Jake asked.

"I have been wondering the same thing. I mainly wanted to run away from home and my wedding. I don't know how long I was planning to stay here," I shrugged.