Chapter 41: Solomon Davies

We walked inside the hotel together. Andy held my hand even though I protested. I really didn't want to add another mean article to my plate right now, but he said that he'll sue anyone who would dare smear my name that way again. By the way, he actually already got a lawyer to sue the last guy who wrote about me. Overprotective and angry Andy could be pretty scary. In an awfully sexy way. You might think that it isn't very feministic of me to just let him protect me the way he does, but I don't give a damn. It makes me feel loved and safe. I wouldn't want him to go overboard with his knight in shining armor tendencies, of course, but for now, it's fine.

Anyway, where was I? Right, we walked into the hotel hand in hand. I took a deep breath before I led us toward the front desk. I recognized the receptionist straight away. "Oh my God, Aurora! You're back?!" Jenny ran from behind the desk and enveloped me in a bone crushing hug. "Hey," I said and hugged her back. "Are you back for good?" She asked and took a step backward. "No, I uh, just came to pick up everything from my room. I'm moving to LA," I said awkwardly. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want me to at least call Dan? And Henrietta would really love to see you..." she sounded genuinely sad. "Is Henry upstairs?" I asked. I know I kind of ignored her question about Daniel because I knew that she'd call him either way. "Yeah," she nodded. "I can come say hi after I pack everything, I guess," I reluctantly suggested. "Alright, sounds perfect. Let me just get your key," she said and walked behind the desk. She handed me my key a moment later. She gave Andy a curious look, but she didn't say anything. I think she was up to date with the gossip concerning our relationship. She smiled at us as we bid her farewell.

"So, that was Daniel's wife," I explained when the elevator door closed. "She seems nice," he said. "Yeah, she is. I really like her. It's just a shame she had to marry my boring brother," I shrugged. I was still feeling nervous as hell, but a part of me felt the tiniest bit comfortable being in such familiar surroundings. I don't know what's wrong with me. Two months ago, I hated everything about this place because it felt incredibly suffocating. Maybe it's because I have Andy here with me. Maybe it's because I know I'm not engaged to someone I don't love anymore. Might be both.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened to reveal a familiar hallway. We walked to the end of it, stopping in front of my door. "Well, there's no time like the present," I muttered and unlocked my door. The first thing I noticed was a pile of unopened letters on the floor. I scooped them up and put them on my kitchen counter. "So, what do you think?" I asked Andy after I gave him a very quick tour of the place. "It's very pink," he grinned. "Yeah, I know. That's my favorite part of this place," I told him. "I don't know why, but it all feels kind of familiar," he said, scrunching his eyebrows in thought. "My place or the hotel in general?" I asked. "The lobby and the hallway. Even this view. I don't know. It's kind of weird," he explained. "You probably stayed here before when you were on tour. I mean, dad's hotels are pretty famous..." I tried to rationalize. "Yeah, you're probably right. God knows we've stayed at many hotels over the last 12 years," he muttered, "Alright, let's get down to business. How do we go about this?" He asked, changing the topic. "I want to pack my laptop, my books and notes from uni. I'd probably also like to pack some of my clothing. Not the dresses, though. I don't know about the rest. I can probably ask Daniel to mail the rest of my stuff to me at some point, right?" I thought out loud. "You're the boss. Just tell me what to do," he smiled and kissed my hand. "First, we need to get my suitcases. We'll see how much stuff actually fits in them," I said.

I owned four big suitcases and a large duffle bag. I was worried about where we'd put all of them on the bus, but Andy said that there was a storage area below the bus that they rarely used. That explained why I didn't know about it. But I guess I should've assumed it existed, seeing as the roadie bus is pretty similar to ours. Anyway, we put all my school stuff in one suitcase. And a half. I had many books. Not as many as Andy, but still. I grabbed most of my winter clothing and put everything in the empty half of one suitcase and into one empty one. I packed my laptop in my pink computer bag. I still had one suitcase and the duffel bag left after that. So, I raided my closet and packed all my pants, undergarments, and all the shirts that didn't look like they belonged to old Aurora. I also packed all my photo albums and framed photographs of my family. I looked through the bathroom cabinet and packed everything I thought I needed. I also packed my pink towels and a robe. Andy suggested I take some bedsheets too because all he owned was black. So, I packed all my bedsheets. And my pink heart-shaped pillow. And my pink blanket. (I REALLY like pink.) I looked through the kitchen cabinets last. I didn't need any dishes or cutlery because the guys had enough of everything.