Chapter 2

Everything had been set. Anne had sent an Owl to her friend and Ominis would schedule the carriage for the following morning. Siren and Ominis hugged Anne and exchanged their goodbyes. It felt like so much time had passed, but the sun was only now reaching the tops of the homes in the hamlet. They began to make their way back over to the floo flame.

"Siren," Ominis's voice caused her to stop, the world falling silent with the absence of the crunching snow beneath their feet. He hesitated, as if looking for the right words. "How are you doing? It sounds like you have had quite a year." Siren filled her lungs with the cold air around her.

"I'm - working through it. I know my explanation I gave in there was rushed and you probably have even more questions. There are a lot of bad things happening right now Ominis. Ranrok and Rookwood are working together, to try and get their hands on this horrible dangerous power, and I - I'm supposed to stop them." The weight of the situation she was in seemed to finally drape itself over her shoulders, pushing her down further and further into the earth. Ominis placed a hand on her shoulder, and it seemed to pull her directly out of the sand she had been sinking in. His brows were pressed together in a scowl.

"Siren, please do be careful. However, I know if anyone would be able to stop them, it would be you. I don't get to see what you have done, but Sebastian has told me, and I have heard the whispers of everything you have accomplished around the school, and you are strong." Siren felt the tears sting in her eyes as she flung herself at Ominis pulling him into a hug. He tensed up, but just for a moment before he wrapped his arms around her and she let out a sob.

"Thank you Ominis, it's just all been a lot. I need to speak to Sebastian, I just don't know how to. I care for him so much, but right now I just feel so used. Like, he saw what power I had and immediately thought how he could use me to help him. I don't want to believe that, but that is all that keeps nagging at the back of my mind." Ominis hummed in understanding as he held her.

"Siren, I am Sebastian's best friend, I know him better than anyone else. So you can believe me when I tell you that was not his intention. He never meant for his actions to make you feel that way. He cares for you too." Siren released Ominis from the hug wiping at her tears.

"Thank you Ominis, I really needed that." She forced out a laugh, hoping to force out all the bad thoughts with it.

"Of course dear. Now let's get back to Hogwarts. It is much too cold."

ᑐ━- ҉

Ominis and Siren had separated immediately after arriving back at the school. They had landed at the bell tower, knowing it was still too early for many students to be there and notice their arrival. Siren had said one last thank you to him before she quickly ran off, mumbling something about a map chamber. Ominis had lingered in the tower a while longer, remembering the last time he had been there hadn't been since Sebastian's and Siren's second crossed wands dule. Sebastian had practically begged Ominis to be there for it.

"Come on! Hurry up Ominis! You're going to make me late for my own duel!" Sebastian called as he bolted down the halls of Hogwarts.

"But you're the one who is making me come here."

"Because you have to see her, how great we are when we duel together. Come on, move faster!"

"That's it, I am going to make you drink a blinding potion and then have you run down the halls of Hogwarts, we'll see just how well you do." Sebastian just laughed as they entered the clocktower.

"About time Sallow, I thought I was going to have to do this all by myself." Siren's teased.

"Sorry Sunshine, you know I couldn't possibly leave you hanging, especially when there is a duel involved." Ominis couldn't help the eye roll he did from Sebastians incessant flirting. Sebastian had obviously seen it and gave him a playful nudge.