Chapter 7

The house cup ceremony was just as magical as Siren had hoped it would be. The Great Hall was now decorated in Hufflepuff banners and all of the Hufflepuff students cheered for her. There was celebratory food and drink, and all the pumpkin pasties she could devour; and devour them she did. Poppy had been the first to hand her one, insisting Siren would love them. Poppy couldn't have been more correct. Now the flakey buttery pastry with the sweet cinnamon pumpkin filling had quickly become a favourite of hers. After a couple of hours of talking and laughing with everyone, Siren snuck out. She was leaving tomorrow morning, but she still had so much she needed to do. She quickly made her way to the room of requirement. Once there she dug up her plants, cleared out her cauldrons, and went into each vivarium to say goodbye to her beasts.

"You're sure this is okay Deek?" She asked for the third time as she brushed the newest addition to her group, a baby Graphhorn.

"Please Miss, do not worry. Deek will care for these beasts. Professor Weasley will be gone during the break, Deek will have plenty of time. This is no trouble at all, in fact, Deek believes Deek will enjoy them keeping Deek company and busy."

"Thank you Deek." Siren smiled. "They should have their food refilled on their own, just brushing them every few days should be all they need." She put her brush away and went down on her knees to give Deek a hug.

"Thank you so much Deek. You have been such a great friend to me this year." Deek smiled at her.

"Deek is thankful for you too."

ᑐ🝐 ⠁⭒*.✩.*⭒⠁・。゚ . *:。・:*:・゚

Siren made her way through the halls of the astronomy tower but she felt herself stop at Professor Fig's class. She gently pushed the door open and walked inside. It didn't look like anything had been moved yet. She walked around the room, taking in the chalk boards that still held his hand writing, as though he had just written it that morning. She made her way up the stairs and back to his office. Siren jumped at the figure in front of the fireplace.

"Professor - ... Oh, Professor Weasley."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Professor Weasley said as she closed a book and set it back down on his desk. "I didn't mean to startle you. I have been tasked by the headmaster to clear out his office, I suppose I just haven't been ready to tackle the task just yet." She smiled up at Siren.

"I... just wanted to tell him goodbye." Siren admitted, her eyes trying to take in every detail as if to not forget.

"Oh yes, your trial." Professor Weasley nodded. "I received a letter as well, so I will be in attendance." Siren felt the pit in her stomach lighten a little, appreciating the comfort that Professor Weasley's presence at the trial provided her.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much better that makes me feel. It's nice to know I won't be there alone." Siren admitted as she made her way around the room, committing to memory all of the books and structures. "Oh, I also spoke with Deek, he let me know he will watch over my beasts for me during the summer." Professor Weasley smiled.

"That is great to hear. I dare say I believe he gets bored when I am not here. If he cares for them, they are in good hands."

"Thank you Professor, for everything. The Room of Requirement and my field guide has helped me more than I could have ever thought possible." Professor Weasley smiled.

"I am glad they have served you well. Now, go on, it is almost curfew and I am sure you have some farewells to say before you go. You have made many friends this year" Siren nodded and smiled.

"Yes Professor, I have." she said as she opened the door to Figs office. She jumped as a jumble of feathers flew through dropping something at Sirens feat as it flew right back out and out the door of the class room. She picked up the envelope, Sebastian's name printed neatly on the outside.