Chapter 9

The first hour of the carriage ride was spent in silence. Siren fidgeted with the hem of her skirt, trying her best to keep herself occupied. She wished she had a book to read, but wasn't sure how the school would have reacted to her borrowing one, and taking it outside of the school grounds. She also couldn't help the nausea that built up inside of her. Memories of her previous carriage ride through the sky played in her head as though the events took place that morning.

"So," The lady finally spoke up and looked her up and down. "I suppose I should give you a proper rundown." Siren looked at the woman's eyes as they seemed to completely take her in. Siren was wearing a white blouse and a long red skirt, the same outfit she had also been wearing on her trip to Hogwarts, which probably didn't help with the nausea caused by her deja vu. It was probably the most proper thing she owned. She cursed herself for not buying more formal clothes on her trips to Gladrags.

"Alright." Siren nodded, adjusting her posture so she was sitting upright.

"My name is Loretta Burton. I am, technically speaking, retired from working for the ministry, however, occasionally they reach out if they need something simple from me. That is where you come in. Unless other arrangements are made, you will be staying with me at my house on the edge of East Suxxex. A little village called Fairlight. It's a small town, but a good one." The woman nodded as if agreeing with herself.

"Thank you." Siren smiled at the woman, hoping to make a good impression. "I appreciate you opening up your home for me." A smile crept on the woman's face, seemingly against her will.

"Well, yes, with that being said, I know you have a couple of trials coming up, so I have some clothes for you as well so you should have everything you need."

"A couple?" Siren asked, trying her best to recall the letter she had received.

"They never do mention everything in those letters do they..." she tsked. "Yes dear, they will be discussing if you will continue your wizard studies at Hogwarts, or if they will find someone to train you in your- specific - area. Sirens gut tightened. She didn't want to go anywhere other than Hogwarts. It had become her home and her friends had become her family.

"You know how it is," she continued, "the fear of the unknown. They do not understand your magic, not to mention the appearance of your magic, and how it - uh- showed itself. It will likely take two to three days to complete your trial. That's my best guess however, based on how I have seen these things play out." Siren nodded her head, somehow feeling even more nauseous. Perhaps she should ask for the carriage to pull over... or land..."Not to worry dear. I don't believe any harm shall come of this. We do have another 6 hours left on our trip however, so I suggest you take a nap or find something else to occupy your thoughts."

Siren took her advice and leaned her head up against the window, closing her eyes and willing the sleep she denied the night before to take her.

ᑐ🝐 ⠁⭒*.✩.*⭒⠁・。゚ . *:。・:*:・゚

Sebastian's eyes shot open.

"What do you mean!"

"I received their letter yesterday. Without Solomon, there is no guardian, therefore, they are requiring I return home this summer." Sebastian rubbed at his eyes, as if he could wake himself up from this nightmare. Not only was he truly going to be alone this summer, without Ominis or Anne, but now, he was sending Ominis back into that Hell.

"Ominis, there must be something else. Anything else." Sebastian begged, pushing himself up off of the bed. Ominis sighed.

"You know there isn't. It's not that big of a deal Sebastian."