𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲 𝑻𝑾𝑶 »» 𝑴𝑨𝑱𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑯

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

She walked beside the flight lieutenant, not a word being spoken as they walked alongside eachother. It was awkward, yet comfortable, Considering they had just met.

"Elliott.. is it?" He spoke, raising an eyebrow and looking at Elliott. "You look awfully feminine for a fighter pilot, if you weren't a man I would've surely tried to dance with you. sure your not meant to be one of those clothing magazine models?" He laughed, trying to get some sort of humour in, Elliott knew that she was gonna get tired of him.

"O-oh?" She laughed, trying her best not to let her cheeks flush up, this was her brother's best friend for god sake, and she'd just met the guy, and he thinks she's a guy!

"Y'know.. Elliott.. you're-" just as he began he was cut off because they'd reached the CO's office. "Oh- we're here. I'll come in with you, I gotta show you round after considering you're a major joining us." He spoke, opening the door and letting Elliott through first as she went to sit by the CO's desk and Bucky stood ins the back corner out of the way.

"Smith, Elliott" The CO began, his eyes scanning the documents he'd been sent. "You had quite the impressive training scores.. and you climbed to the rank of Major very quickly.. I'm impressed. Proud to have you here."

Elliott smiled softly, looking at the CO with some confidence. "Thank you, sir. I'm eager to serve and do my part in the war."

"As i would hope." The CO nodded, looking through the documents again. "Are you sure that your crew matches your skill level? Your co-pilot isn't nearly as good as you are.." he spoke again, raising a slightly curious eyebrow.

"Respectfully sir, as much as on record, they may not be amazing, I can assure you that they are the best crew a man like me could ever ask for." She nodded, still smiling slightly.

"Hm. Very well, I'll keep that in mind. Dismissed." The CO nodded, gesturing for her to leave with Bucky.

"Jesus.." she groaned as they stepped outside, looking way more relaxed. "That felt like he was trying to rip me apart with his fucking eyes.." She laughed, scratching the back of her neck and sighing.

"Yeahh.. he does that. Y'know, considering I'm a rank above you, I thought you'd be more rigid around me-" Bucky laughed, raising an eyebrow and smiling at the Major beside him.

"Well, respectfully, sir.." she began, putting extra emphasis on Sir. "You seem like the kinda guy I can have a joke with, so.. that's why." She laughed, walking next to him as they left the building and walked around base.

"Wow, okay. Is that supposed to be mean? Like that you can't take me seriously?" He began, feigning offence and laughing a little. "There's another Major I'd like you to meet. Major Cleven. You'd get along."

Elliott paused. Shit. She'd forgotten that her brother's best friend was the one showing her around. "Oh.. uhm.. okay." She nodded, looking away and scratching her neck a little.

"You alright Major?" Bucky spoke, raising an eyebrow at the sudden mood change from Elliott.

"Yeah.. sorry. I used to know someone called Ellia Cleven.. we fell out a bit ago." She lied. Again. Typical for her so it was fairly easy.

"Ohh.. yeah. That's his younger sister. Yeah, come on, we'll meet him in the cafeteria." Bucky nodded, leading her off to the cafeteria.

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

The cafeteria was bustling with activity, the clinking of dishes and the chatter of men filling the air. Bucky led Elliott through the maze of tables, nodding and exchanging greetings with familiar faces. They reached a table where Buck was sat, His sharp eyes met Elliott's as they approached, a flicker of recognition forming in them before shaking it off, a small smile then forming on his lips.

"Buck, this is Elliott, that new major from the 254th" Bucky introduced, gesturing towards Elliott.

Elliott extended her hand, trying her best to hide the nervousness bubbling inside her. "Pleasure to meet you, Major."

Buck stood, taking her hand and giving it a firm shake. "Call me Buck." he smiled, nodding slightly.

Elliott felt a pang of guilt hearing her brother's name. She missed him a lot, but she couldn't risk revealing her true identity now. "Thank you, Buck," she replied, forcing a smile.

They sat down, and Bucky started discussing the base and their upcoming missions. Elliott listened intently, trying to keep her focus on the conversation and not on the familiar face sitting across from her. Buck seemed to still be an open and friendly person, making it even harder for Elliott to maintain her disguise around him, because she just wanted her brother back.

"My sister hasn't written me in a couple days.. are anyone elses letters delayed?" Buck spoke, stabbing at the shit in his food tray slightly impatiently.

"Nah, mine aren't." Someone added, looking at Buck with a raised eyebrow.

"Elliott? Are yours?" Buck asked, his eyes directing in her direction.

"Uh.. I don't get letters. Don't have anyone back home." She muttered, looking away almost nervously and refusing to make eye-contact.

"Huh.. is that so?" He spoke, raising an eyebrow and continuing to eat his food.

"Mhm.." she hummed, standing up and walking out, leaning on the wall and lighting a cigarette. Which she was promptly followed out by Bucky.

"You even old enough to smoke major?" Bucky laughed, leaning against the wall and taking the cig out of Elliott's mouth to take a drag.

"Yeah, I'm twenty." She smiled, leaning on the wall still and as she took the cigarette back from Bucky and took another drag. "And taking England's drinking laws into account, I can drink here."

"That you can." He sighed, smiling a little. "You're tough to figure out, Ell, but you're not too bad."

Elliott forced a smile, her mind racing with thoughts and emotions. She knew that the longer she stayed at the base, the harder it would be to keep up her façade.

"Not so bad yourself, Bucky." She smiled, raising an eyebrow as Bucky elbowed her playfully.

"Hey, me and the other guys are going to the Pub, as the Brits call it, to meet some other RAF's later, you up for it?" Bucky questioned, looking down at her with a smile.

"Yeah, go on, sounds fun." Elliott smiled, continuing to stand next to Bucky and looking up at him.

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

Will be continued in the next chapter! <3

Chapter date: Tuesday 9th April