𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 »» 𝑺𝑼𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑺

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

Elliott, Buck, Bucky, Curt and some other pilots were sat in a pub, speaking with some RAF pilots as Elliott got up to grab some more drinks. 4 whiskeys and a ginger beer for buck.. she thought, trying to remember it as she got to the bar, ordering a drink as a really pretty girl approached her, obviously under the impression that she was a boy, which in a way was good.

"Hey.. I noticed you from across the room and I wondering if you wanted to dance?" She asked, smiling at Elliott.

"I-" Elliott began, looking at the table as Buck and Curt nodded at her to do it. "Yes. I do." She grinned, taking the girl's hand and starting to twirl her around and dance with her, grinning and laughing as they swayed to the music.

Elliott hadn't noticed but Bucky was staring daggers at her and the girl dancing, it wasn't in a way that held any venom, it was more in a way that held some small sort of skepticism as Elliott held the girls waist and swayed with her.

BUCKY'S POV

"Someone jealous, Bucky?" Curt questioned, raising an eyebrow and grinning at me and nudging me  a little. "Jealous because he's only been here a day and already picked up a girl?"

"What? No-" I protested as I watched Elliott lean down and kiss the girl gently, smiling as he pulled away and let her go back to her friends before he went to collect the drinks for us from the bar, bringing them back and putting them on the table.

"She not good enough for ya, Major?" I laughed, trying to play off my annoyance and skepticism with slight humour.

Elliott smiled back, shaking his head slightly. God that smile. Shut up. He's.. weird. He's weirdly defensive and not to mention those bandages across his torso.. "she was pretty 'n all, but I wasn't interested that much." He smiled again, sliding everyone's drinks down the table.

"Ah, playing hard to get, huh?" Curt teased, winking at Elliott as he grabbed his whiskey. "Or maybe you're just waiting for the right one?"

I chuckled, taking a sip of my drink, trying to brush off the unease I felt watching Elliott with that girl. "Something like that," Elliott replied, glancing over at the girl and looking away and shaking his head a little with a laugh.

As the night wore on, the pub grew louder and more crowded. Elliott was now in the midst of an animated discussion with some of the RAF pilots, his charisma drawing people in effortlessly. I found myself watching him more than I should, slightly suspicious but also captivated in a way by his every gesture and expression.

I tried to distract myself by engaging in conversation with Curt, Buck and some of the others, but my thoughts kept drifting back to Elliott. The way he smiled, the sound of his laugh, the confidence with which he carried himself... It was all so familiar yet different, and it was driving me mad.

Finally, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I approached Elliott, who was now leaning against the bar, sipping on a drink and chatting with one of the RAF pilots.

"Enjoying yourself, Major?" I asked, trying to keep my tone casual.

Elliott turned to me, a slight smirk playing on his lips. "Yeah, it's been a good night. The RAF guys are good company."

"That's good to hear," I replied, trying to mask the relief I felt. "You're fitting in well here."

Elliott chuckled, taking another sip of his drink. "Well, you're the one who invited me, so it's because of you."

We stood there for a moment, the awkward tension between us palpable. I knew I should say something, anything to break the silence, but the words seemed to escape me.

Finally, Elliott spoke up, his voice soft and hesitant. "Bucky, I... I just want to say that I'm grateful for you. You've been really welcoming, and I appreciate it."

I looked at Elliott, my heart pounding in my chest. "You're welcome, Elliott," I said, my voice confident to hide the slight suspicion I held. "You're a good man, and I'm glad you're here."

Elliott smiled, his eyes sparkling in the dim light of the pub. "Thanks, Bucky. means a lot."

And with that, we returned to the table, the weight of our unspoken feelings hanging between us. But for now, at that moment, everything seemed perfect.

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

After a while, almost everyone was a little drunk, apart from buck, he never drank. But anyways, we ended up arguing with the Brits across from us a little.

"And why the hell do you Brits add an s on the end of Math?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow and cocking my head slightly.

"Because there's more than one of them." One of the Brits piped up, seeming to be the main ringleader of them all.

"Well I can see more than one of you and I'm pretty sure I could knock all of you out-" I laughed as I caught Elliott staring at me as I spoke and giggling like a little girl as I quipped.

"Well, what about we make a sport of our own?" The brit piped up, rising to his feet as I went to stand up too, before Buck pushed me back and Elliott stood up, looking at Buck with a pleading grin.

"C'mon.. I pack a mean punch y'know?" He grinned, knowing that only another Major could allow another fight.

"Yeah yeah, go on." Buck seemed to sigh as he followed Elliott and the Brit out of the pub as me and Curt followed along beside the other British pilots.

"You're awfully femme-looking for a pilot y'know, sure you ain't a broad under all that muscle?" The British pilot snarked, pulling off his blazer and holding a fighting stance as he walked at Elliott

"Fuck off-" Elliott barked, ducking as the British pilot threw a punch at him and immediately uppercut him, smashing the Brit's teeth together with a clashing sound.

"WHOOO!!" I yelled as I ran towards Elliott, scooping him up around the waist and lifting him up in a celebratory manner, my hands resting against his hips as I kept his body leant against my chest when I slipped letting go of him and then lifted him again as we walked back to base, carrying him the entire time as we walked with Curt and Buck behind us.

3RD PERSON

"Hey uh, Buck, not tryna be like rude against ranks or whatever.. but do you like feel like Elliott's hiding something from us? I know people can have secrets, but this one feels like something we should know." Curt whisperedbas he tipped his head sideways, watching as Bucky carried Elliott.

"Yeah. I get you. But I suppose we can't pry." Buck nodded, walking with his hands in his pockets.

☆゚.*・。゚🛩️ ゚。・*.゚☆

Sorry it's so late!! I'm writing two pics at the moment and juggling them is like trying to feed children as a single mother 😞

Lots of love, Maisy!!! 💕💕