CHAPTER 8 - Like A Princess

Amy told Cherry everything over the phone during her lunch break, well everything except for the stuff about Ethan's Behrouz family lineage.

"You've got Ethan Riviera," Cherry beamed on the other side of the telephone. "Girl, everyone will be jealous of you."

"I think the whole HQ already knows thanks to a jealous witch that goes by the name of Delphine," Amy was telling her. "He does need to tell my father and his own father before someone else does."

"Don't forget to live a little, Amy," exclaimed Cherry. "Stop stressing. He sounds like an amazing guy from what you tell me."

"Gossiping during work hours?" came a voice from the door.

"Oh!" Amy said in surprise. "I'm on break, Ethan."

"Is that him? Can I say hi?" came Cherry's voice.

Ethan was leaning against the door, smirking.

"I was telling my best friend about you," Amy said quickly.

"And what does she think of me?" Ethan asked, playfully.

"That you're hot, good-looking -" Amy hung up before Cherry could continue.

"She likes you," Amy shrugged. "She's the one that directed me to your company in the first place."

"Ah she's the wise friend," Ethan remembered. "You told me so when we first met."

"What brings you to my office, Ethan?" Amy asked, playfully.

"You know I literally own the building," Ethan replied, making Amy laugh.

"This conversation is going nowhere," she laughed. "Seriously, why are you here? Don't you have a board meeting in ten minutes?"

"I came to see you," Ethan smirked at Amy's responses. "And very good, keeping track of my calendar, as I would expect of my future wife."

Amy's heart fluttered at the phrase 'future wife'.

"I am keeping track of your calendar because you told me to do so from Day 1. I wasn't your 'future wife' back then. And you are only to use the phrase 'future wife' once you propose to me," Amy challenged, her heart hammering against her chest.

"Oh but I plan on doing so," Ethan said, walking around to her. "My intentions should count."

"Really, Ethan, I think you are trying to create a scandal," Amy shook her head, looking up at him as he leaned on her desk beside her. "The whole office is talking about us coming in together."

"Actually, I wanted to say," Ethan cleared his throat, making Amy seriously wonder what brought him down. "Amy, let's not waste time. May I speak to your father today?"

"He's going to ask if your father's happy with our relationship, Ethan, which I know he's currently not," Amy said after a minute. "I don't think it's going to go well. By tradition, you father needs to speak to my father. You can't come alone. It's improper."

"It's not right that I want to court you but I haven't told your father," Ethan said.

"You'd think I know that," Amy mumbled. "I just don't want you to get insulted by him."

"I think that's unavoidable," Ethan laughed. "It's bound to happen. I did fall in love with his daughter."

"Have you been this charming to every woman that you have been with?"

"Nope, just you, darling."

"Ethan, get out of my office," Amy giggled. "You know the walls are just made of glass and there's a group of people over there sending secret glances in our direction."