76

Raven met Araxys' eyes. Something kept ringing in her ears and a part of the curse float in her mind louder each time.

"I did my selfless act. I saved you." she had said.

"You did." he replied focusing on the you as if she wasn't the problem. Because it wasn't her that made the mess. It wasn't the Royalat king who had made the real atrocity for Araxys. It was Zed. And he never paid for it.

Her breath caught in her lungs while she understood what she had to do to free the dragons and everybody else from the curse. The answer, written all over the sorry expression the dragon was giving him.

"No." was all Raven said.

"It's what is required."

Raven scoffed and unvoluntary reached to grab Zelda. She tightened the little girl to her heart and squeezed her.

"It's what you want. But you no longer have your heart so it's not your choice." Growled Raven as she watched Zelda starting to panic a little. They need to be on their way. She wasn't sure how long would the prince be busy but, knowing him and his anger, not enough for them to fly back and be useful to Twistal.

"You're right. It's not my burden anymore. It's yours."

Raven paled but said nothing as she rose fixing Zelda's hair tenderly.

Araxys turn fast as his tail smash against the wall opening a way out for the two girls.

Raven couldn't stop staring at him.

"Are you close?" she whispered to Sera just in time for the wings to reverberate behind the cell walls.

"Right here."

Zelda and Raven marched outside right when Araxys begun to tear the wall apart so he could pass as well. He didn't dare speak while Raven fixed Zelda on her mate's dragon her heart racing,

"You knew about this?" she inquired looking at the beautiful clear dragon. She nodded; a long breath of desperation slipped her armor.

"I tried to change his mind, I even offered myself at the time. He wouldn't listen and now, there's not much we can do to avert it if we want to save the little ones."

Raven fisted her hands and her nose twitched as she faced the giant black dragon before her.

"You are here to tell me that what Zed did is worse than what the king of Royalat did? you are putting the only life he lost before the countless he saved? You are supposed to be just, where is your justice Araxys?"

The dragon's claws dig into the ground as his eyes sharpened.

"The prophecy came to me in a dream I do not command it. This is what the sky wants and it is what it will get. You know better than me how it will end."

Seraphyx growled snapping her snout almost to his neck. Araxys didn't even move.

"Then change the prophecy. He earned it."

Araxys shook his head and his glare tamed as it pleaded Raven. he was about to speak, Raven could hear the breath of preparation he took but she couldn't care less.

"Let's go. Zed needs our help."

Araxys scoffed as she climbed gracefully on Sera's back, her chin up, her back straight and elegant. Like a true dragon bounder. He stared at his hatchling with longing, took even a step forward but didn't dare speak his mind.

"Is there a way I can give you your heart back?" she inquired but Araxys disgusted snout shook his long neck.

"I do not wish to be frosted, I told you."