Chapter 10: Party

I did not sleep last night, how could I with the leather bond pages of my legacy haunting me from my nightstand drawer. I did take Malfoy's advice however and wrote to my grandmother. Im not sure she will take too kindly to some of the more colorful language, but I was upset, and felt I had been brought halfway across the world on false pretenses.

"Come to the party." Pansy begged flipping through her wardrobe looking for something to wear.

"I'm too tired." I replied laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling.

"come on, you can't dwell on this shit all the time...come have fun, meet new people, drink...alcohol always eases at least half of my problems, pleeeease" she's gave me puppy dog eyes that I could tell she had been mastering for quite some time.

I sat up letting out a huff. "What if she write back while I'm gone?"

She pranced over to my bed, yanking me out of it. "Then you respond in the morning because you'll be too shit faced to even read it tonight" she smirked opening my wardrobe..."oh god, none of this works for a party" she said rifling through the wardrobe finding only the fancy clothing my grandmother had filled it with. "This is all old money shit, really nice but...definitely not slutty enough for a party" she added holding up a dark green cashmere sweater with a look of dismay.

"Oh pity seems I have nothing to wear then." I say with a sarcastic pout walking back to my bed.

She grabs my hand and yanks me back. "You look about Daphs size" she said putting her hands on my waist that was hiding under the baggy sweatshirt I was wearing and then walked over to Daphne's wardrobe.

"Hmmm" she hummed dissatisfied closing the door again "not really your same vibe though..." she walked over to Astorias instead looking more pleased.

"Tori! Are you wearing this tonight?" She asked holding up hangers with a black dress.

Astoria shook her head no "it's all yours if it fits, I can't zip it over my boobs"

"Of course you can't fucking bitch, I'd kill for your tits over my tiny mosquitos bites." Pansy scoffed and then held the dress out to me. "Try it on."

I reluctantly pulled off my sweater and stepped into it sliding it over my curves and turned around for Pansy to zip it. "Moment of truth..." she said gliding up the zipper "would you look at that, perfect fit." She smiled at me as I turned around guiding my arms into the flowy sleeves.

It was a low cut black mini dress hitting my upper thigh barely covering anything, the slit slicing up to my hip didn't help with that either. It had spaghetti straps and long off the shoulder sleeves that connected just above the elbow. The flowy pleated georgette fabric hugged my every curve and I hated how good it looked because now, there was no way I wasn't wearing this out.

"Fuck it...anyone wear my same shoe size?" I asked and all the girls cheered as I folded at their request to go out. Pansy gave me a pair of silver strapped heals and I quickly threw them on.

I ran a curing iron over a few of my curls touching them up and combatting the frizz I had created moping in bed. My make up was simple with a thicker winged cat eye, a bit more dramatic than I would typically wear on an average day to class, and a pinky nude lipstick.

I watched as Daphne loaded up a fluffy brush with shimmery highlight putting it all over the place before offering it to me. I placed it a bit more strategically on my cheek bones, collar bone, and chest before giving it back and topped my lipstick with a shiny gloss before heading towards the door.