Chapter Five

- Feros -
- ExoGeni Headquarters -
- Cin'Maram Nar Caeya -

"What files were the last user attempting to access?" Commander Shepard, Garrus, and Cin'Maram are standing in front of the VI, Cin still holds his shoulder, the weight of the Krogan he tossed finally making his muscles sore...

"The previous user was attempting to access files on subject species thirty-seven," The VI flickers once again, "The Thorian."

"What did you tell him?" Shepard shifts her weight, a hand now on her hip.

"I was unable to provide the previous user with any relevant data," Garrus hums, gently nudging Cin's arm, he looks up at her then at the VI, "Aside from lacking access, there has been no new data on species thirty-seven."

"All sensors monitoring the observation post at Zhu's Hope have been inactive for several cycles..." Zhu's Hope? What does the...

"What does Zhu's Hope have anything to do with this... Thorian thing..?" Cin asks no one in particular.

"Species thirty-seven is located within the substructure of the Zhu's Hope outpost." Cin groans...

"Of course... The thing we need to find is all the way where we started..." He sighs, "I have a feeling nothing is going to be easy during this mission..."

"This is what Saren wants." Shepard grunts, "Tell me everything you know about the Thorian."

"The Thorian is a simple plant lifeform that exhibits a sentient behavior uncommon with other flora," The Commander hums, listening closely, "Through the dispersal and inhalation of spores, it can infect and control other organisms, including humans."

"...I'm very glad I'm wearing an enviro-suit now." Cin hums, his arms crossing across his chest.

"The Zhu's Hope control group has wielded interesting results, before sensors went offline, almost 85% of all test subjects were infected."

Shepard scoffs, "Zhu's Hopes colonists are all just an experiment to ExoGeni?" Her glares at the VI.

"It was deemed necessary to realize the true potential of species thirty-seven." Garrus and Cin glance at each other.

"That explains the weird behavior." - G

"Maybe we should warn the Normandy, Commander... Just in case?" - C

She nods, "Good thinking..." She lifts a hand to her earpiece, "Joker, come in Joker." No response...

"Oh! The Geth ship, it's still jamming everything in the area." Cin realizes.

"We should hurry and get rid of these Geth, Zhu's Hope might need help." Garrus pulls her rifle from her back, Cin does as well.

"The faster the better, let's move out, team!" Shepard walks away from the VI, turning left down a dim hallway.

The three come through a door, overlooking a small area, "Wait..." Shepard lifts a hand, then slowly walks out...

[ Strange Geth Shrine ]