One.

STUCK
01x01

~

"DeLuca's back!" "Stassie's here!" Everyone on the A-team of station 19 shouted as Anastasia walked into the beanery. She had been gone on medical leave for the past few weeks due to an injury from a call.

Whilst she was on leave, she didn't go to the station per Meredith's request as her doctor because she would have gone on a call and it could have made her injury worse so, she stayed at home or went to Meredith's house for the few weeks she was off and everyone at the station has missed her like crazy even though most of them wouldn't admit it.

"Ciao, guys." Anastasia chuckled and opened the fridge to get herself a glass of apple juice.

"Welcome back, DeLuca." Pruitt smiled.

"Grazie, captain." Anastasia said.

"Wait. DeLuca as in Anastasia DeLuca? The most favoured at Grey Sloan when she was an intern, resident, fellow and attending? And still is favoured even though she doesn't work there anymore?" A familiar voice asked.

Anastasia turned around and her eyes widened when she noticed Ben Warren sat at the table with her friends and co-workers.

"Warren? What the hell are you doing here?" Anastasia asked surprised.

"I work here now." Ben answered.

"He's the new probie." Vic said. They had been messaging every day and Vic had informed her about there being a new guy working with them but didn't give her any details as to what he looked like or anything so she had no idea it was one of her residents from when she worked at the hospital.

"Oh. How come you became a firefighter instead of finishing your residency?" Anastasia asked as she sat on the other side of Vic to Ben.

"Pause." Maya interrupted. "You used to be a surgeon. And you didn't tell us?" She asked, shocked.

Everyone turned to look at Anastasia.

"Oh mio dio. Thanks for that." Anastasia muttered to Ben, sending him small glare.

"Uh, yeah. I went to med school, became a surgeon then became a firefighter." She shrugged.

"We'll be talking about this later." Vic glanced at her and Anastasia shrunk in her seat not really wanting to talk about her past traumas.

Working as a surgeon is suppose to be safe- the hospitals are suppose to be safe but some of the worst possible things that could have happened, happened at Grey Sloan and some of it got too much for Anastasia.

"Anyways, All I'm saying is the whole point of the meat loaf is the meat." Dean said.

"I don't mind the veggie kind, especially when Travis makes it." Andy said.

"Yeah, it's pretty good." Jack agreed.

"Ah. Thank you. It's my husband's recipe." Travis said.

"What's the matter, Dean? Trying to bulk up to rescue more itty-bitty puppies?" Maya teased.

"You gonna tell me that you trained for the olympics eating spaghetti made from squash?" Dean fired back.