AU #5: Off Limits

A/N: Supposed to be sleeping, but my insomniac brain made me write this instead. Lol. I quite like this one.

===

Michelle and Gabrielle (aka Gabbi) are twins, mostly identical in looks, but their personalities were complete opposites.

For one, Gabbi was the university sweetheart, while Michelle was the resident heartbreaker.

Gabbi was an academic achiever, on track to graduate at the top of her class, and she was an active member of the Student Council and other school orgs.

Michelle, on the other hand, was an athlete—a swimmer and a fencing champion. She was also an esteemed visionary with a hobby in photography. To add to that, she was very popular, often times singing or dancing during some school events.

They were seniors—basically on top of the food chain.

In short, the twins were like university royalty.

Everybody knew them. And even if they didn't, there was one thing that was prominent just by observation—Gabbi was the boss.

Even though Michelle was older, she was the free-spirited twin and most times utterly reckless. As a result, Gabbi was the one setting the rules and making the decisions between the two of them.

And knowing her twin, Gabbi had set a strict rule when they started college: never date each other's friends. She quite like her friends, and with Michelle's reputation of dating and dumping girls left and right in high school, Gabbi just didn't want the drama of choosing between her friends and her twin.

So friends were strictly off limits.

The problem was, Michelle was so down bad for Gabbi's ultimate best friend—Anntonia 'drop dead gorgeous' Porsild.

===

Anntonia opened up her locker and the first thing that greeted her was a pink folded note.

She glanced around, but found no one even looking her way—everybody was minding their own business.

She opened the note, and she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips.

'There are millions of people in the world, but out of all them, your smile is my favorite.'

Along with the note was a picture of her smiling—the picture obviously captured from a distance. Anntonia bit her lip, truly endeared.

"What are you smiling at?"

Anntonia immediately shut her locker at hearing her best friend and she schooled her expression, "Nothing. I just remembered this video I saw on TikTok earlier."

Gabbi chuckled and shook her head in amusement, not the least bit surprised at hearing that, "You and your TikTok."

"Shall we get to class? I want some good seats today," Anntonia said.

"I do, too, but—"

Anntonia rolled her eyes. "Michelle running late again?"

"Yeah, she just got home this morning just as I was leaving," Gabbi sighed. "I told her I'll get her something to eat, so I'll go to the cafeteria first."

"No need," Anntonia replied, pulling out a packaged muffin and a canned coffee from her bag. "I brought this."

Gabbi's eyes widened in surprise, "You brought this for my kambal?"

Anntonia made a face at that, "No," she said with a hint of denial, her cheeks feeling a little hot. "I brought this for you, for Michelle. You take care of your twin too much, Gab, and at your expense. So leave this in her locker, and text her so we can get going."