Part : 27 Xinglu Ridge

Hello dear readers

Guys today's s my birthday, 25-april-2024.
12:00 am

Here's an extra update. Think of it as a treat or an compensation for updating late, last time

Hope you enjoy 💖
________________________________________

Author POV

The charlatan replied, "Strange events? Good thing that you asked me. I stay here most of the year, known as the know-it- all of Qinghe. What sort of strange events are you looking for?"

Wei Wuxian, "For example, evil spirits haunting around, cases of dismembered corpses, incidents in which whole clans were destroyed..."

The charlatan, "There's isn't any here, but if you go a bit less than two miles ahead, there's a mountain ridge named Xinglu Ridge. I suggest you don't go there."

"What with Xinglu Ridge?" exclaimed Nie mingjue getting concerned about his sect.

"The possibility are numerous!" replied Lan xichen.

Wei Wuxian asked, "Why is that?"

The charlatan, "The Xinglu Ridge is also called the Man-Eating Ridge. Why do you think that is?"

Wei Wuxian replied, "Huh, so there's an evil being that eats humans there?"

Having heard of at least thousands of legends like this and killed at least hundreds of them with his own hands, he found it somewhat boring. The charlatan continued, his voice rising and falling, "That's right! It is said that, in the ridge's forest, there is a castle' with monsters that feed on the humans living inside it. The monsters will devour anyone who ventures inside it without leaving a single crumb behind. No corpses could be found-there wasn't a single exception! It's scary, isn't it?"

'Is it related to?' thought Nie mingjue slightly doubting somthing while Nie huaisang bring fan closer to his face.

"Can't we live without these Chaos?" questioned a disciple.

"This time, we will!" replied Lan Jingyi although some puzzled at his words.

No wonder that Jin Ling also came here. Unable to suppress the soul-consuming goddess at Dafan Mountain, he definitely came for the monster in the Xinglu Ridge again. Wei Wuxian exclaimed, "Scary indeed! But, if nothing was left behind, and no corpses could be found, how can it be known that they were eaten?"

After a pause, the charlatan answered, "Of course someone saw it."

Wei Wuxian expressed his admiration, "But, before this, didn't you say that anyone who ventures inside it would be devoured without any crumbs being left behind, no exception? Then, who on Earth could have started this legend? How powerful would they have to be, having lived to tell the tale after seeing this kind of scene?"

The charlatan, "That's how the legend goes. How would I know?"

"Here we have another legend!" exclaimed Lan Jingyi in sarcastic tone as he pointed at the charlatan in screen.

"Indeed, brainless!" exclaimed Wen rouhan.

"Where do these people even come from?" exclaimed Zizhen.

"Cultivation world is full of these Joker's!" exclaimed Wen Xu and the Cultivators from many Sect glared at him.