Part : 39 (a) Excuse me, what?

The reaction of this part is written by a reader of this story who offered help. I was glad to accept it because of my busy schedule.

The reaction of this part is written by her. While the screening part is written by me.

A special thanks to xiao_xue_yin.

Thank you once again, sweetheart 💖
_______________________________________

The timeline of this chapter is two weeks after Jiang Yanli got married which she got married when A-yuan was 1 years old. (Lan zhan didn't met a-yuan with Wei wuxian yet. Yes he went to meet Wei wuxian to talk about Yanli marriage but a-yuan wasn't with Wei wuxian.)

Basic explanation before the chapter :
Lan Xichen and Jaing Cheng are lovers at this time. They aren't married yet! But more like engaged as Lan Xichen gave his forehead ribbon to Jiang cheng.

And no one know about them being lovers excluded Lan zhan and Nie Huaisang (he caught them making out in conference room).

•••

Author's POV

Jiang Cheng woke up to the light, soft morning glow through the thin curtains of their bedroom. The familiar jasmine fragrance lingered in the air, Lan Xichen's favourite. He grunted lightly, already feeling the weight of the day on his shoulders. It was sun-warm outside and warm in the bed they shared, yet his usual grumpiness started to set in, rising to meet the day.

Lan Xichen, the early bird, had long slid out of bed to wash up quietly and prepare breakfast in the kitchen. Jiang Cheng could faintly hear the noise caused by him.

Looking at how domestically the couple acted, everyone felt warm. Jiang Cheng looked down, feeling embarrassed and shy whereas Lan Xichen stared at the screen with a smile.

"See? I told you A-die learn cooking only for you." Lan jingyi gives a teasing grin to an already flustered Jiang Cheng.

"Shut up." said Jiang Cheng while Lan Jingyi only laughed.

Jiang Cheng dragged himself out of bed, staggering to his lover who just entered the room. Lan Xichen turned to face him, offering him a warm smile, filled with tenderness in his eyes. "Good morning, Wanyin!" He greeted, soft and melodious.

"Morning..." Jiang Cheng mumbled, rubbing at his eyes. He appreciated the gentleness in Lan Xichen's voice, but he felt far too irritable to properly respond.

Lan Xichen handed him a cup of tea, their fingers brushing. "I made your favorite, chrysanthemum tea; it should help with tiredness..."

"So, Xichen-ge indeed did learn cooking for A-Cheng." Wei Wuxian said, looking at the screen in amusement and with a teasing grin.

Everyone else also seemed equally amused as they looked at Xicheng who were obviously flustered.

Jiang Cheng took the cup, slight furrow on his brow. He had not been feeling well lately, feeling tired all the time. "Thanks." He muttered, taking a sip.

They sat in silence, drinking their tea. Jiang Cheng, however, couldn't shake off the odd sense he had been having for the past few days. Lately, he had felt a little more tired than usual, not only that but his stomach hadn't been really well. He did not say anything about this to Lan Xichen, not wanting to worry him.

Lan Fimei commented, "Is it what I am thinking it is?"

"I think it is." Nie huaisang answered from the back with a grin.

Wei Wuxian peeked over from Lan zhan's shoulder with a frown.

"What do you mean?" asked Wei wuxian raising his eyebrows.