Chapter 4 - Love Garden

I keep thinking I've figured out his personality but then he keeps changing it up on me, I cannot figure this boy out for the life of me. It fucking pisses me off.

I shouldn't be caring this much about it yet I am. I should just try to ignore it and stay calm, I have better things to be thinking about right now.

We made it to Love Garden finally, I opened the door and closed it behind us. Queen was playing on the  speakers around the small shop, the atmosphere was dusty and old, yet very welcoming. A cat was found sitting on the counter at the cash register, hopping off once it spotted us and went to the back of the store.

We walked further in, taking in the amount of CD's and Records that were set around us, the floorboards creaking as we stepped.

"Woah.." I whispered, the records catching my eye and almost immediately walking over to them and searching it's contents.

Melone went off to chase the cat. Returning a minute later with the fur-ball in his arms, giving it a lot of affection.

"I see you've found a friend?"

"Yep! I love cats~ they're so fluffy."

"So do I."

The cat jumped out of his arms and onto the tightly packed records. I looked at the cat, intrigued as to why it moved and saw, just behind the cat, a tab that read "Pink Floyd." Just what I was looking for!

"Hm, I think I'll call you Pink." I said to the cat, giving him head scratched. It seems he was satisfied and walked off, what a strange cat.

I looked through the Pink Floyd section and read off the albums they had, Meddle, The Wall, Dark Side Of The Moon... Ah! Wish You Were Here, the one I didn't own a vinyl of yet. Picking it up, I examined it, then put it under my arm.

"Do you want anything, Melone? Looking for anything?"

"Uhh... yeah, the N section?"

I scanned around then walked over to it and pointed. Everything was organized alphabetically so it was quite easy.

"Here."

"Cool."

He spent a couple minutes going through it, only to be disappointed.

"It's not here."

"What are you looking for?"

"From Rotting Fantasylands by Nero's Day at Disneyland."

My eyes went wide in shock. He knew NDADL? I'm starting to get the feeling we were meant to be friends.

"You know Nero's Day at Disneyland? Wow. I'm impressed."

"Mhm!"

"I'll try to look for it."

Melone nodded and just looked around, looking at artists and bands he recognized.

During my search I got a few more records. Insane Clown Posse: The Mighty Death Pop!, Gorillaz: Plastic Beach, and Ricky Montgomery: Montgomery Ricky. Then, I found it. The beautiful cover art of From Fantasylands. After searching the store high and low, I finally found it. Under the wooden racks that records were tightly packed and organized alphabetically in, a single copy sat at the very back. I quickly grabbed it and ran to Melone. 

"Melone! I found it!"

His face immediately lit up. It was.. cute to say the least. He started jumping up and down, smiling widely. We were both ecstatic.

"YESSSSS!!!" He screamed.

I knew I had just made his day. It made me feel warm, which was strange to say the least due to me always being cold, though I don't mind it. Yet it felt nice for a change.

I bought the records, €150 spent, not bad. I handed Melone's record to him. He thanked me a million times, I swear.

"Thank you! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUU!!!!"

"Yeah, no problem." I smiled. Geez he has a lot of energy.

"Maybe sometime I can come over and we can listen to it, same with my records if you ever come over to my house."

"That'd be fun! Yeah, I'd like that."

I nodded. I stopped in front of the store once we left and checked my phone. 5pm. The sky was getting dark, Christmas lights hung around the trees around us began to light up one by one.

"We should probably call it a day. It's getting late." I suggested.

"Yeah. I had fun today. I'm really glad you got this for me, of course you didn't have to. This has been one of my favorite albums since I was a kid. Gracie mille!"

His smile was so sincere, he was adorable. Had I fallen for this boy? Was this just what it was like to have friends? Who knows, I couldn't say. 

"Certo, è un piacere. It's a really good album, I couldn't not get it for you."

"Again, thank you so much, Ghiaccio!" He bent down slightly and held my face with his empty hand, placing a kiss among my cheek. I could feel his warm breath for just a second, fogging up my glasses lense.

I just stood there, my eyes wide. My face began to heat up, my heart pounding as he pulled away, letting go of my face.

"I'll see you on Monday! Or maybe we can hangout over the weekend!" He waved, running away. "Ciao!"

It took me a minute to process what just happened.

"Yeah.." was all I managed to say.

Did that just happen? The skies were getting darker, the atmosphere downtown was hazy and dim, only the stringed christmas lights hanging on trees and the dull street lights shined, creating a dull, almost dream like state. It made it much too hard to tell if I was dreaming or not.

Somebody pinch me.

♨︎♨︎♨︎

Translations:

Gracie mille! - Thank you so much!

Certo, è un piacere. - Of course, it's my pleasure.

Ciao - Bye (Ciao can be used for both Hello and Goodbye, it just depends on the context it's put in.)

————————————————————————

(A/N) Yes I'm aware Rotting Day in Fantasyland came out in 2009 😭 Logic in this story doesn't exist at all because I have no idea when this is taking place. I don't really think of timelines when it comes to this kind of stuff so you'll have to forgive me 😔 From what I've written so far I'm gonna say it's somewhere around 2001, same year Vento Aureo takes place. Just warning this might change in the future since it's not entirely settled. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this little chapter! The record shop they visit actually exists and I tried to describe it the best I could from what I remember, it's my favorite place to go to downtown. I wanted to add this in because I kin Ghiaccio and wanted to add my lil' vinyl collecting obsession to his character, he's just epic like that. 😎

Next chapter will be posted tomorrow 🤑