Chapter 9 - The Day's Finally Here

⚠️ (Mild Swearing)

8:00pm rolled around, it was finally time.

Melone showed up right at 8:00pm as I had asked. I let him inside and he basically attacked me yet again, putting his arms around me right as I opened the door. When he let go we walked to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"The rink doesn't open for another hour, so make yourself comfortable."

"Why'd you invite me over so early then?"

"To get ready, gifts, and just hang out for a bit before we leave."

"Gifts? Oh.. I didn't get you anything..."

"That's fine. I don't get gifts often anyways." You being here was already enough.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll go get your present."

I stood up and left to get his present. I pulled it out from under my bed and carried it back to the living room. I handed it to him and took a seat back on the couch as he began to open the gift.

He tore away at the purple and pink spiral wrapping paper, revealing a large box. After opening the box he slowly removed its contents, examining each item inside. First he pulled out a small box which contained 5 pairs of earrings, gold hoops, stud skull earrings, a pair of dangle watermelon earrings, some gold heart ones, and lastly a pair of those fuzzy worm earrings; one being pink, the other being purple.

The next thing he pulled out of the box was another smaller box, inside were 4 bracelets: 2 were those pony bead bracelets, one having a watermelon charm and the other having a heart. The third was a lavender and light blue zipper bracelet I thought was cool. And the fourth was this chunky, heart bracelet, each heart was a different shade of purple.

Melone then took out multiple bags, candy. A package of sour patch kids, a pack of starburst (of only watermelon flavor), a bag of candied melon cubes, and a bag with a couple chocolate filled croissants in it.

"Jesus, how much did you get me? Now I feel bad.." I chucked at his comment, I might've gone overboard on the gifts..

He pulled out a beanie next, it was lavender in color and had a couple pins on it.

"Ooo~ this is nice! It's soft too~" He immediately put it on and continued taking things out of the box. He pulled out a dark, muted purple leather jacket.

"I know you drive a motorcycle so I thought you could use one. Plus, it suits you." I smiled, pushing up my glasses slightly.

"You think so?"

I nodded in response.

He smiled at me and then took the last thing out of the box.

"Oh, so this was why the box was so heavy? You got me skates?" He was holding a pair of size 41 (EUR) lavender skates.

"Yeah. We're going ice skating later anyways."

"You really didn't have to... I could've just rented some. You didn't have to get any of this for me..."

"It's Christmas Eve, I felt it was appropriate."

"But- I didn't get anything for you. Are you sure you're fine without a gift?"

Oh my god, this was my chance.. "Mel, you are my gift. You just being here, spending Christmas with me, you being my friend, is more than enough for me." I smiled reassuringly.