Chapter 6 - Christmas Shopping

⚠️ (Mild Swearing)

Before leaving, I turned on some music. Playing my favorite songs, the first one to play was Ticket To Ride by The Beatles. I pulled off the side of the road where my car was parked in front of my house and pulled out into the street.

I sang along to Ticket To Ride while driving down the road. Thankfully it was still pretty early in the day so the roads were mainly empty, no road rage today, thank the lords.

♨︎♨︎♨︎

The drive to the mall was pretty peaceful, just me in my Mazda singing to some music. As Ice Cube said, "Today Was A Good Day." Heh. I like sneaking little music references into my conversations, it's fun. It also pisses some people off, not really sure why to be honest.

I parked my car in the lot in front of the mall and stepped out, grabbing my things as I did so.

"Alright, first stop: Hot Topic." I said as I walked towards the large building in front of me.

Hot topic was one of my worst nightmares. But it was for Melone so I guess I can let it slide, once.

When I opened the door and stepped into the mall I got a giant whiff of cinnamon, that's how you KNOW it's the holiday season.

After wandering for a minute or two I found it, that one store in every mall everyone dreaded, Hot Topic. As I walked in I was greeted with a very enthusiastic "Hello, Welcome to Hot Topic."

I looked around the store, it was all very emo/scene-core. I stumbled upon some bracelets that I thought Mel would like, they were purple, chunky, and very "scene" esc, so I grabbed them.

While still looking around I passed by some enamel pins, they weren't ones I recognized (probably emo bands) but I'm a sucker for pins so I also grabbed them to add to my collection.

Since I couldn't really find anything else, I paid for what I had and left.

"Next stop, Pattini Infinity." I was going to buy a pair of skates for Mel so I can teach him and for when we go skating Christmas Eve.

♨︎♨︎♨︎

2 hours later I left the mall with everything I needed, bracelets, skates, some earrings, a beanie, a leather jacket I thought he would like, some candy, and some enamel pins for myself.

I got back into my car, putting the bags into the passenger seat yet again.

Just as I did going to the mall, I turned on some music and sang as I drove back to my house.

Once I got home, I wrapped everything together in his favorite colors, purple and pink. I hid it away underneath my bed.

I sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone, texting Melone.

Melone 💜 

You can come over now if you'd like. >

< Yay! 😁 

< Be there in 5 ❤️ 

Yeah, okay. >