Chapter 11

Some time passed by.. "Pearl, report," Coral ordered after the SeaWing had eaten in silence for a while. "No change," The pale green SeaWing in the treasury pool said, "All your jewels are safe, as always, no scavengers either."
"Spledid!" Coral said, "Shark, report."
"Your majesty, I am concerned about our internal defenses, the intruders in our midst are a danger to us," Shark said, ignoring what Coral asked. "Now, now, those are our guests, not intruders," Coral said. "Oh, good, I thought maybe they could join us for breakfast- "Not at the council, darling," Coral interrupted, "But they won't go hungry, Lagoon, we're they served an ample breakfast?"
"Yes, your majesty," The SeaWing said. "Give them the rest of this, as well" Coral said. Queen Coral then flashed something, and Lagoon nodded and quickly flew off. "Whirlpool, report," Coral said. "Tsunami's lessons are going wonderfully, and your scrolls have never been more popular," Whirlpool said. "Mostly the underwater editions, of corse I spend all my energy promoting them- "I've organized a reading, every dragon is clamoring to attend, we're charging an emerald apiece," Whirlpool interrupted Moray. "I want to be sure I'm reaching the eel-eating masses as well though," Coral said. "Of course, the schools have all changed their curriculums again, it's their most important subject," Moray said. "You can't be serious, more important than how to fight a war?" Anemone asked. "Darling, my writing is about everything, what did you think of the scrolls I gave you?" Coral asked. Other SeaWings then began to chuckle and giggle. "Uh..." Anemone trailed off, "The Missing Princess is still my favorite."
The truth was Anemone didn't read any of the scrolls. "That reminds me," Coral said, changing the subject, "Whirlpool, Anemone needs lessons in aquatic, can you imagine? Poor thing."
Coral then laid her eyes at Shark. "Shark, continue your report," Coral said. "Still no information about the dead SkyWing, however, a war party returned early this morning with a worrying report," Shark said. "Let's hear it," Coral said. Then, a pair of SeaWings walked in, blood dripping all over, Anemone noticed that Coral was glancing at the floor as the SeaWings walked across. Is she worried about the floor? Anemone wondered. "Something strange is happening in the Sky Kingdom, your majesty," The blue-scaled SeaWing said. "It's chaos it's as if nobody knows who's in-charge," The green-scaled SeaWing said. "Three different wings," The blue-scaled SeaWing said, "The first half was SandWings, the second one was for Queen Scarlet, but the soldiers in the third one were shouting 'for Ruby!'"
"Ruby? That's one of Queen Scarlet's daighters!" Coral said, "Does that mean that Scarlet is dead? If there's chaos in the Sky Kingdom, we should send the rescue mission now, we could get him back today."
"Shouldn't someone look at their injuries?" Anemone asked. Coral glanced at the injured SeaWings. "Very well, send them to the healers," Coral said. "What could have happened? Queen Scarlet was so strong," Coral said. "Um. . . That might have been us," Anemone said. "You?" Whirlpool snarked. "Ridiculous!" Shark commented. "Queen Scarlet held us prisoner, when we escaped, we sort of might have killed her, maybe, I'm not sure," Anemone said, "I will say we tried."
"You were at the SkyWing palace?!" Coral snarled. Anemone heard a faint, not-very-noticeable, squeak from Tsunami. "Did you see a SeaWing named Gill? Green scales, big and powerful, with brave eyes?" Coral questioned, she pounced out of her pool and grabbed Anemone's talons. "I..." Anemone trailed off. "I did see him," She said. "Where? We've been planing a rescue mission, but he's not with the regular prisoners," Coral said, "We've got to get him back, Anemone, you have no idea how important it is."
"He's.." Anemone's voice cracked. An image of the SeaWings neck being snapped by Anemone appeared in her mind. "He's dead," Anemone said. "DEAD? How?" Coral screamed. "Um, in the arena," Anemone said. "But we heard he refused to fight! He convinced his opponents to resist with him," Coral said, "He has- Coral stopped herself. "He had a way with words," She said. "Scarlet punished him, it was- really awful. . ." Anemone said, "She kept him away from water until her went crazy, he was dangerous."
Anemone glanced back at Coral. "Why? Who- who was he? An important general?" Anemone asked. "More than that," Coral said. Coral then looked down. "Much more," She said, "He was my husband."
Coral then looked at Anemone. "Anemone. . . Gill was your father."