𓆰𓆪 Chapter 3 - Breakin' Necks 𓆰𓆪

⚠️ Trigger Warning! ⚠️

This chapter contains, fighting, blood, and death. Please read at your own discretion.

Chapter 5
(In book)

      I sit in my office, staring out the large window carved from dark brown rocks

      I sit in my office, staring out the large window carved from dark brown rocks. The windows are open, letting in the crisp air to alleviate the stuffiness of the room. I hate being stuck in an office all day. The bright light shines though,  dancing off the sun catchers and various jewels in my office, creating a rainbow around the room. The air breezes through and the yelling of cadets along with it. I sigh and pull my hair from its braid, lightly massaging my head to relieve the pressure. I glance down at the time on my sundial and realize it's almost time for the first training session to begin. I leave my hair down, letting the long curls blow in the wind instead. I lock my office with the flick of my wrist and begin to walk towards the training grounds. As I make my way there, I can't help but reminisce my own first fight. I was only 13, recently awoken from the dead, and barely tall enough to even hold the swords.

- Flashback -

- Flashback -

I held a dagger, pointing it towards the large male in front of me. His cruel eyes took in my small figure and a sinister smile rose on his face. And I knew. It was either killed or be killed. So I did the only thing I could think of, I flung the dagger directly into his throat before he could even get his hands on me. The man's eyes widened and he frantically scratched at the dagger, now embedded into his throat so far that it pinned him against the mat. He gargled on his own blood, drowning in a sea of red and splattering myself and the mat with the crimson color. I watched as the life drained from his eyes and then not only removed my dagger but one of his. Then left the ring, as if nothing had happened.