Chapter 7 (Eden/Reason): Eat My Fist

Hols and I made two more stops on the way to the bar to pick up Bee and Nance, then we headed out to have some fun, laughing over old remember the time we... memories. At one point, Nance mentioned Guy, got embarrassed, apologized profusely and I just waved it off.

"It's OK. He was a big part of our high school memories, Nance," I soothed. "No worries."

And then Bee started cracking up about a different, non-Guy related memory and the awkward moment was in the past. The Uber pulled up in front of the bar, we thanked the driver and got out of the car. Just as we were walking to the bar door, three unhappy-looking guys were walking out.

"Hate when bitches take over the bar like that," one of them was saying.

"They shouldn't be here if they don't want men around," another was saying.

"Man-haters are so fucking annoying," the third one said.

The four of us exchanged looks and before we could enter, two more grumpy-looking men walked out, grumbling about drunk bitches. It didn't take us long to figure out why. There were some men scattered around the perimeter of the bar, but the dance floor was filled with women, and only women, all dancing to G.R.L.'s Ugly Heart at the moment. A man tried to approach, but  one of the women dancing pointed her finger at him and yelled, "NO DICKS! JUST CHICKS!" and all the other women on the dance floor took up the chant as he backed away from the group of scary women. 

"I can get behind a dick-free night," Bee said. Her boyfriend of two years had just discovered something had "always been missing" in their relationship and broke up with her. 

Nance agreed, mostly because her ex husband was an ex because he'd suddenly decided he didn't want any children after they'd always said they'd have two. And Hols was in because she was on an unprecedented run of seventeen horrible first dates. 

We all knew why I was in. 

Pretty soon, we'd joined the man-hating dancers, enjoying our first drinks and listening to the women sharing stories about the men who'd done them wrong. There were a lot -- and so, in the interest of camaraderie, I tossed my story out there with the others.

"My boyfriend of eight years --"

"Eight years!" the cry went up.

"He cheated on me!"

"BOOOOOOO!!"

"And then he broke up with me over the phone!"

"Scum!" Cheer.

"Pig!" Cheer.

"Asshole!" Cheer.

Various other names were applied to Guy and each one garnered a huge cheer. Bee, encouraged by the female support, then offered up her sad tale, and about fifteen other women followed suit with their stories. 

After about an hour of sharing and dancing, four huge bikers from the Lords of Fury walked in, and made their way to the five women in the center of the circle, despite cries of, "Hey! This is a vag-only zone!" and "If you don't have a va-jay-jay, get away-way."

The four scary-looking men walked five women out just minutes later...and looking back, that was probably the spark to powder keg. Other men had seen the bikers invade and they thought they had the balls to approach the remaining anti-men women on the dance floor. And that's when things rapidly got out of control.

One man grabbed one woman by the arm and she kicked him in the balls, then another man got in her face, another woman got in his face...and somehow, suddenly there was a whole lot of pushing and fighting going on and it turned into a free-for-all. The girls and I joined in the yelling if not the fighting and strangely enough, the cops didn't give a damn exactly what our involvement was. All they cared about was they got called to a huge disturbance and there were too many people involved and this kind of shit didn't happen in our town.