Chapter 3 The recollection of the Teacher's aprentice

"...which is why we need to continue studying and researching these fascinating creatures."
„It was another average day of learning from Monomon. This time, she taught me about the jellyfish, she had created a while ago. It was quite fascinating, their anatomy and their biology. Never have I seen anything like those creatures before."
„But Monomon, how can such beings just float in the air, like they do here in this canyon?" „A good question, Quirrel. When I created them, I knew I had to change the environment, so they could live. I transformed this lower part of Unn's lush overgrown land into the canyon full of fog and mist that it is this day. It is through the thickness of the air, that the jellyfish are able to float." „Incredible! And what about the larger one, you have created in this very building?" „Uumuu. I created it to protect the archives. It has the ability to manipulate electricity and it's skin is thick enough to resist even the strongest nails. The only way to hurt it, is to hit it at this exact spot."
„The madam pointed at a blueprint of some kind, where uumuu's anatomy was shown on."
"I show you this, to teach you how to kill uumuu, but do not do it, unless it becomes dangerous."
„I understand, Monomon."

After learning in the archives, Quirrel left the foggy canyon and headed towards the stagstation of the queen.
„It was a lively place, for sure. Many travelers took the stags to reach their destinations. I did not travel with the stags. Instead, I went to the fungal lands. The inhabitants were not the friendliest, but they were not hostile either, different from the mantises residing below the mushroom tribe. They showed respect to those, who were capable warriors. I was strong enough, but I wanted to avoid confrontation. So I left them be and headed towards the capital city of Hallownest. Before the city's gate, a huge knight stood guard. It was Hegemol, one of the King's great knights. I was already well acquainted with him. He recognized me as Monomon's student, so he opened the gate, with his crest and let me pass. Before a large window there was a bench, where I took some rest. A patrolling soldier approached and sat down next to me."
„Hello there, is everything going fine in the city?"
„Greetings, you are a friendly one. There are a few crimes here and there but Lurian and his group of knights mostly take care of it. Besides that, everything is fine. I just need a short time to rest a bit."  „I have no doubt. Patrolling through the city's streets is surely strenuous."  „You are lucky enough, to be a normal citizen. They really live in harmony. This Kingdom, the notorious Pale King created, truly is wonderful. But we all have to contribute our part to it."  „Wise words of yours. I will remember them."
„Then I left the room and took the elevator that led to the outside. Through the tall structures, they whole place was shining in s bright blue light. The city was an incredible sight. I arrived at the western half of the capital, where the less wealthy citizens lived. As I traveled further, I was able to see a lot of the mushrooms growing from the fungal wastes into the Heart of Hallownest. At the edge of the city, there was a little hut with a lot of nails surrounding it. As I went inside, I made the acquaintance with the nail smith of the city. He had forged most of Hallownest's weapons, making him very important for the King and his royal army."                            
"Even though you are so important, you do live inside a pretty small environment. How come?"  "Hm? Oh, did not see you come in. I like to isolate myself from the society. It helps me focusing on my duties. Anyway, do you need anything? Are you here to have your nail reforged?"   "That was not my intention, but while I am here, why should I not?"  "As you wish, I'm going to need a bit of geo and one piece of Pale ore."   "I have some geo, but where can I find this Pale ore?"  "A bright, shining metal, which is cold to the touch. If you do not have any, I'll reforge it without the ore, but it's quality would not increase as much."   "I can live with that."   "I'll get to it then."   After a while, the nailsmith was finished.    "The reforging is complete. Your nail is a lot sharper now. Was that everything?"   "Yes, I will head towards the eastern half of the capital and travel to the resting grounds from there."   "Then, I'll wish you good luck."   "Thank you, farewell."                  Quirrel left the hut and headed east, to the wealthier part of the city.