Chapter 2

Dean pov

"Pospond your plan for another month. You waited for 4 years already. Another month won't hurt, right? Give me a month to make you fall for me, Jesse. And if it didn't work, then I promise I'll set you up with Cierra myself."

I pulled back after saying those few words to see Jesse's reaction. He was dumpfoundly staring at me with his doe eyes. I could tell he was taken aback, processing what i just said.

The first thing I've ever noticed about Jesse since the moment I met him after that fight was his eyes. It's the fucking type of eyes that peirce through your soul, sending butterflies all the way from your heart down to your stomach.

He caught my eyes out of his friends. I kept wondering who's the shortest boy among them? I was captivated by his greenish brown eyes and the way they balanced with his bleached short undercut and the redness that stained the tip of his nose and his cheekbones. He was so innocent, yet he acted otherwise.

Throughout the whole summer, I got only eyes for him. I befriended the whole group just to slide my way to his side. Yet, he was only talking about Cierra Hughes.

The girl was beautiful. God forbid to say otherwise, but Jesus Christ of how many times I imagined of smashing that pretty little head of hers. I'm not a psychopath but when i get jealous i would roam like a dog, marking territory.

After the end of summer and a whole month in the first semester already, I failed to catch his attention. So, I became closer to Holland and Malik. They are more tolerable than him. Jesse was getting enough on my nerves. And turned out, his friends were fun.

He's cute but feisty. Usually grumpy and intolerable. He's always acting tough, but he doesn't know that it's just adding up to his cuteness.

"You're not serious, are you?" He hesitantly said calmly, with his eyes fixed on my face. Somehow, he was fearing me. I know when a man is.

"Do I look like I'm joking to you?" I tilted my head, resting my eyes on his lips. He was still pressing his back to the wall, retreating to himself.

"The fuck are you on?" He furrowed, pressing his hands to my chest, slightly pushing.

I stepped back a little with a hint of a smile almost slipping away. "Drunk on you, obviously." I chuckled.

"Quit the crab! You're not actually serious! You want me to fall for you? We're both guys!"

"So?"

"You must be insane!" He was getting angrier.

He shook his head in disbelief. "I'll just pretend I never heard this shit." He was getting ready to leave.

I blocked his way. "Just give me a chance to win you over."

"Do you even hear yourself! No means no, okay?" He elbowed me to move over. I rubbed where he elbowed.

I felt disappointed. He shut me down with those last words. I've always been persistent, but with him, something felt different. I have a weak spot towards Jesse.

He walked away a few steps before he turned around and eyed me.

"I know your intentions are not bad, so I'll just act like I never heard those words. Nothing happened here. And don't worry. I won't tell the boys."

Just like that, he left, and I stood there all by myself. I took out a pack of cigarettes and lit up one. I felt like I could use a drink right at that moment. I chuckled.

Reality just hit. The way I just confessed to Jesse about my feelings. Fuck, that was embarrassing for sure. But would his rejection stop me? I don't think so.