Chapter 9

Jesse POV

Dean got up on the fighting ring like a Phoenix rising from ashes. He fixed his wet hair with his fingers, moving it away from his eyes. He walked off the ring, unbothered like he wasn't just defeated, and lost a fight.

He went down and walked towards a few men near the fighters. He shook hands with some man in a suit who smiled sheepishly at Dean. The man put his hand inside his suit jacket and grabbed a stack of money, and gave it to Dean.

I was following what's going on, barely able to process. Dean looked more than fine for a man who just got beaten up and lost a fight in front of a brutal crowd.

Dean turned and looked at us. I swallowed for some reason. He approached with a smile on his face.

"You came." He stated while squinting his eyes on me.

"Well played, dì di." Jin lifted up a towel towards him. Where did she get it?

Well played! What!

"Hey! Wait for me outside. I'll change and come along." Dean winked at me, whipping the sweat with the towel. I was still standing their dumpfoundly staring at him.

Jin and I left the underground fighting ring. A brief chill hit my body when we were exposed to the nearest midnight moistened air back in the dark alleyway. We took a brief walk to a much less crowded corner that was poorly lighting up. I tucked my hands in my pockets and let out a held breath.

Jin fished out a cigarette and lit it up. She held the pact my way, offering me a smoke. I took one and lit it up as well.

Jin didn't take her eyes off me while she kept dragging into her lungs. I did the same, except I kept looking at my boots.

"Stop dwelling on it so much." She said nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry?" The cig stopped halfway from my mouth.

"Dean." She scoffed.

"What about him?"

She huffed the smoke out of her mouth and chuckled while her eyes playfully blinked in my direction. "You're putting too much thought about your relationship with him."

I swallowed bitterly with the taste of tobacco being pushed to my throat. "What did he tell you?"

Her grin grew wider. "So I'm right. There's something between you two." She put the cigarette between her lips. "The tension can't be denied."

Fuck!

"Whatever you're thinking, it's not true." I shifted my gaze away.

"Really? Cause I obviously know Dean more than you do. I when he's interested and when he's not. And I gotta tell you, oh my boy, he's head over heals." She chuckled and smirked.

I remained silent and went back to staring at my boots. She was enjoying it a little too much. She seemed like a psychopath, anyway.

I heard the steel door shot open, and Dean showed up after a while. He was all freshened up in a new pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt with his leather jacket on top of it. His hair was gathered in a messy bun with a few locks hanging on the sides of his head.

He approached us and took the cig out of Jin's hand, and started to inhale it. He sighed loudly and heavily as he leaned his head to the back.

"That was easy money." Jin commented.

"Yeah. Easy as it is." He whined, then straightened up his head. His eyes met mine.

"What are you doing here?" He said without parting his sight from mine that I thought the question was meant for me, but I was mistaken. His head turned toward Jin.