Chapter 7

Zander's POV -

I have been back to work for about a month now and it's been so hard staying so long away from El. I know she's sad when I'm not there because I can sense it through our bond, so when I'm not in meetings, I mind link her while doing paperwork and I always bring her flowers and sweets.

"Honey, I'm home. I have your sweets for you." I announce as I walk through the door when I hear her crying and I rush into our room to see her looking at her phone in fear. "Babe? What is it?"

"It's my father...he, he knows about the baby and is threatening to kill our baby if I don't reinstate him as Alpha and step down as Queen." She said shaking.

"Love let me see the message." I said as I sat in front of her on the bed and she handed me her phone and on the screen it says,

'Enjoy that pup for as long as you can because if I'm not reinstated as Alpha and you step down as Queen then I will have that mongrel killed before it can breathe life. - Dad'

I growled as I read the text. "How does he know?" I asked as I held her.

"I don't know. The only people who know are here in the castle and hate my father as much as I do. Zan what are we going to do?" She asked me crying in my arms.

"We will find out how he knows and where he is. Once we do he will pay for threatening MY Queen and our pup." I tell her as I comfort her.

"Zan, I want him dead. He threatened my pup, OUR pup, and he won't stop until he gets what he wants and I won't let him have it. I will not give my Goddess given right to be by your side. I am the Queen and I will not give a pathetic man like him what he wants. He threatened his Queen and I want his head for threatening our pup" She sniffled in my arms.

"Okay then I will hunt him down and kill him." I said as I continued to hold her. "I'm going to up your bodyguards until we have your father taken care of and I will have the guys with you during the day around the castle just in case."

"Thank you Zan. I truly don't know what I would do without you." She said as she kissed me.

"I'm gonna have the guys bring the girls over and we can explain the situation to them and we can have a movie night." I said as I pulled out my phone and texted the guys and set up the couch for her.

"El? Is everything okay? James and Ollie said you needed us." Leah said as she came in and hugged El followed by Katie.

"Everyone sit down please." I sighed and asked them to sit. "We received a text from her father earlier threatening El if she doesn't have him reinstated as Alpha and step down as Queen then he will kill our baby in utero. I want James and Ollie to accompany the Queen around the castle as extra precaution seeing as we don't know how he knows we are expecting. Girls you can be with her too, keep her from stressing too much."

"My King we need to have a meeting with our guards and our warriors tomorrow." James said in full Beta mode.

"You're right James. That's why I will be joining the meeting." El said as she leaned into me with her hands covering her stomach protecting the baby. " I have also been thinking since my father knows and the only Lycan Law that would set him free is that I haven't been sweared in as Queen so there for I'm not technically the Queen yet, so I was thinking we push up the Coronation and wedding and do it soon so that way as King and Queen we'd be abiding by a law and have the right to execute someone for threatening the heir to the throne and the future Queen."

"That's actually a smart idea. Zander, we need to alert all staff to speed up the coronation and that there's been a threat to a royal family member. Don't expose the pregnancy yet. We'll do that at a celebration we'll hold for finally finding our Queen." Uncle Dave said.

"That's brilliant. We'll announce it through the pack mindlink in the meeting so everyone knows at once." I said agreeing with her idea.

*I still can't believe I'm not free of that monster yet. I thought that once I found out my mate was the King, I'd finally be able to have him reported for his heinous crimes. I didn't think he'd go as far as threatening me to get his title as alpha back knowing it'd cost him his life.* She mindlinked me through the mate bond.

*I know. I wish you didn't have to go through this. It's not right that he blames you for your mothers death. She died saving your from rogues. Don't forget that* I told her as I hugged her close to me. I will do whatever it takes to ensure her safety and our pups as well.

"Okay sounds like a plan then." James said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"Now lets relax and have a movie night. You guys can spend the night, there's two spare bedrooms you guys can stay there tonight and we'll have breakfast together." I said as I sat back and let El get comfortable while she picked a movie.

After the third movie everyone started getting tired and El fell asleep halfway through this movie but I figured I'd let her sleep a little before moving her. She's had a lot of stress today and we can't have her stressing while she's pregnant. It could harm the pup.

"Goodnight everyone. I'm taking her to bed. We'll see you in the morning." I whispered to everyone as they each got up. Uncle Dave was going back to his room so he can fill in his mate. My aunt Jane is one of the sweetest people I know and I'm so thankful to them for taking me in and raising me when my parents died.

Don't worry my love. We will stop your father before he can step foot anywhere near you again. I promise you and our pup that you will be safe from him.